CHAPTER 25

Ruby St. Clair's POV

I spotted my twin sister as soon as I entered the trendy restaurant in the neighborhood near her penthouse. I hid my smile when I saw her intently studying the crystal wine glass in her hand with a bored expression. She hates waiting and that's why I was on time for our lunch date.

"Hey," I said by way of greeting when I reached her table.

She broke into a wide smile upon seeing me. "Long time no see. Look at you, you are blooming like a flower in springtime." She commented cheekily. "This Spanish guy must be doing a good job in keeping you happy. I will thump him up for that."

I rolled my eyes, taking the chair opposite to her. "Are you drunk today? What the heck are you babbling about?"

She smiled thinly in my direction, studying me fully with her inquisitive eyes. "It seems that Roman Vasquez is keeping you so busy or you just don't give a damn what's going on outside your love nest."

"Stop spouting riddles and tell me straight-forward what are you talking about?" I frowned at my mirror image trying to decipher her words.

She gave me a sweet smile. "Since you're clueless about what's going on please allow me to fill you in. Look, I already purchased a tabloid for you so you will have a slight idea of what's going on. By the way, every tabloid in New York has the same caption and topic as this one."

I took the gossip newspaper in her hand and read the big bold caption: The Heiress and the Billionaire.

"What the..." I started when I saw the candid photo of me and Roman walking hand in hand in the street somewhere on the front page of the Tattler.

"My sentiments exactly," Emerald said, leaning back to her chair. My eyes were still fixed on the paper in my hand as I read the content. Usually, I don't give a damn about this kind of tabloid but it's a different story when you were the topic. "I don't need to react like this since it's your love life but what I don't get was they automatically assume that I am the one who is dating your man." She flipped her hand dramatically. "I have a twin sister remember?"

I couldn't help to hide my smile when I saw in the article that they mistook me for her. Truthfully, I was fine with that I find it funny that they got the wrong name on who is dating the Spanish billionaire. "You don't have to stress yourself over this, Em."

She exhaled an angry breath. "How can I ignore this anymore when it's starting to get on my nerves? Only last night I attended a charity gala the reporters automatically asked as soon as I arrived why I didn't bring Roman Vasquez with me. I was half-tempted to tell them he's probably busy making babies with my twin sister."

"Emerald St. Clair!" I warned her hotly, eyeing around us in case someone might hear us. "Lower your voice, will you?"

"It's true." She shrugged casually, her eyes twinkling with delight. "Like you weren't busy making babies for granddad to fret. A word of advice if I may? Please make one as soon as possible so he will be quite busy with the new generation of St. Clairs."

I glared at her hotly, tossing the tabloid on the table. "You make it sound as if you are just asking me to bake something. Do I need to remind you that nothing is permanent in our relationship? What we have is a contract marriage when the time is up we will file for divorce."

My twin sister studied me intently. I have to admit that I don't like the way she's staring at me with those judging eyes. "Never in my wildest dream have I thought that you would have such drama when you finally have a love life. My god! It's a love affair to a hot Spanish billionaire."

I shook my head in resignation. Leave it to this woman to be a pain in the rear. "You will not going to let this go easily, aren't you?"

"Nope." She had this annoying grin on her face.