54 Golden boys

"Matilda is missing?!" Mariana shouts as she paces back and forth, in disbelief at what she's hearing. "What do you mean she's missing? Didn't you tell your parents about Zeke?"

"I did," Daniel sighs. "She's not the only one missing. My mom is missing too,"

"WHAT?!"

Daniel exits his room and heads to his study as he explains what has happened. "Dad banned Zeke's cards. All of them so he wouldn't be able to get away. Not without paying the price for what he's done. Mom went out with Matilda for a bit but the car she took was found empty near a cliff. It has to be that bastard. Dad is going crazy trying to locate them. I don't know what to do, Mariana,"

Mariana stays quiet for a while, not knowing what to do as well. "Did you tell your dad..." she takes a deep breath as she finishes her query. "...about my dad being alive?"

"No," Daniel's response comes quickly. "I thought he was keeping it a secret,"

"Tell him," Mariana encourages. "I'll speak to my dad. I'm sure he'll know what to do. I'll be back in town in a bit,"

"Are you allowed?"

"Who can stop me?" She smirks. "You need me. Besides," she starts grinning wickedly, "I have to be there to see Zeke's downfall," With that, she hangs up and rushes to her father's study.

Michael is busy grinning after his phone call with Nathan. He's mainly proud of the fact that he doesn't need to lift a finger to bring his enemies down. He knows them very well. He grew up with them, allowing him to know each and every weak point of theirs. His own weaknesses, are with him right this moment, safe and sound thanks to Jonathan whom he trusts with his life. Everything is going according to plan.

Zeke shot Francis and if things go according to plan, then Nathan might end up doing the same thing to his father. The thought gets Michael shivering but in the best way possible.

George has been like a father figure to him since his parents died. Michael has known the old man since he was born as George was a business partner with his father. The moment Michael graduated from university, George took him in and they did business together. Although he did it because of their connection, there was no denying how skilled Michael was. George would always tell him that he had inherited his brains from his father. Michael helped him achieve a lot and took their company to the next level.

Due to his relationship with George, it was only natural for Michael to get along with his children. Nathan, Jonathan and Vivian. Michael and Jonathan never hung out much, due to their age gap. Michael would mostly spend his time with Nathan. Zeke, whom he had known since middle school, was like a brother to him. Later on in high school, he met Francis and after that, the four of them were unstoppable. They were the golden boys who grew up to be golden men. Highly influential, and had good looks and charm which enabled them to climb mountains and gain a crazy amount of power.

However, everything changed once Zara came into the picture. Michael had no idea Zeke was in love with her. Heck, he didn't even know they knew each other and Zeke didn't bother letting him know either. He only found out once Zara told him about their connection.

Now that Michael thinks about it, it wouldn't have changed anything even if Zeke did tell him. By then it would've been too late. Michael had already fallen for Zara at first sight and she seemed to share the feeling. Zeke attended their wedding and was even the best man. He acted like he was happy, over the moon for his best friend who was finally settling down.

Life was blissful until Zara's death which ten years later, Michael found out was not an accident. He always thought it was weird how she had preterm labour when everything was perfect throughout her pregnancy. He made sure of it.