-'๑'- Synopsis -'๑'-

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

FIRE AND ASHES
NETEYAM SULLY
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Kill me then! And watch your clan burn to ashes with our fire"

──────※ ·🔸️· ※──────

"Fire is our home. It is our fortress. From the sun spilling over the horizon, to the fire we cook with, to the very warmth in our blood.
The flame gives life to all things."

∘₊✧──────────────✧₊∘

FIRE. A TERRIBLE, terrible thing. It burns away at everything. Eating and eating with its deadly orange tongues until there is nothing left but a sprinkle of ashes. It is feared by all clans, even the sky people dread its existence. But oh, how wonderful it is. Fire is a blessing. Yes, it burns, it hurts, it destroys. But strength ripens beneath the soot. Life comes back stronger, more resilient. The phoenix rises out of the ashes, a beacon of hope and perseverance.

We all have our own inner demons. For Aneyì, this was taken in the literal sense. The demon girl. Borne of a generational curse, forced down into her hands. The judgement, the stigma, the unprovoked hatred. It hurt. It hurt like a blade to the chest. What did she do about it? Made herself smaller. Curling her skinny little six-year-old body into itself, hoping they would not see her. But the spotlight was forever inflicted upon her and their hurtful comments stabbing, twisting.

Then she broke. Like helium tearing through the skin of a balloon. But she did not break down, oh no, she broke out. Out of the prison they had built around her, lashing out with fangs and claws bared. Retaliation. Revenge became her ally. Those who hurt her suffered her pain tenfold, the apparition within broke out. She assumed the coat of their cruelty and made it her own; to fit in, to be one of them. And yet the black sheep is always visible through her white cloak.

Such was her life... until it wasn't.

Captivity at the hands of the enemy is the epitome of humiliation. Aneyì would rather die than snake her people's trust. She was prepared for the agony of torture, for the torment to scorch her skin and will the words to her lips, only for loyalty's glare to force it back.

What she did not expect, however, was the pain of choosing to part with her heart or her blood...

∘₊✧──────────────✧₊∘
She is fire.
Bearing its warmth to loved ones, blazing its heat to the enemy, leaving a trail of destruction in her wake.

He is forest.
A great sturdy oak not to be shaken. The courageous mighty warrior.

He is her kindling
She is his light

∘₊✧──────────────✧₊∘

⚠️WARNING!!⚠️
Strong language, violence,
blood and gore, MAJOR character death

∘₊✧──────────────✧₊∘

This story takes place one year after the events of Avatar Way of Water.
Lo'ak is now 15 and so is Kiri. Tuk is 8, Tsireya is 14, Aonung is 16 and so on.

Chapters will span, on average, 3000 words so be ready for a long read.

Enjoy!😘

∘₊✧──────────────✧₊∘

"I see you"

🔹️

"You have eyes. Is it not normal to see what is in front of you?"

∘₊✧──────────────✧₊∘