~🎶~(🍜🎀)

Happy new year guys!! I'm so sorry I haven't posted any new chapters in a while but here I am with some mizushiho! this is a request from someone on AO3. hope you guys enjoy<3

It wasn't until the temperature had dropped 10 degrees and snow began to fall; until all the decorations have been put up not only on the tree but also around the house and also in the front garden; and until the smell of freshly baked gingerbread cookies and shortbread filled the house, that Christmas had finally come officially. Of course, this was all according to Shiho, who was at last feeling a pinch of the sweet joy from the holiday after being called the Grinch several times for not participating in the 'magic of Christmas'.

"Shii-chan!" Shiho heard their sister call from the kitchen. "I-I.. need your help.. I think I messed up on the dinner.."

"Huh?" they let out a sigh, starting to come up with a few scenarios in their mind. Could it be she burnt the food this time? Or maybe she spilled a heavy jug of juice and now glass is scattered all over the floor? Maybe-

"Shii-chan!" Shizuku practically screamed.

"Ugh.." Shiho huffed. After a moment, they responded. "Coming!"

No matter how many scenarios Shiho thought of, none of them would've guessed the reason for Shizuku's cries.

"Shii-chan!" the blue-haired girl gasped, an excited smile forming on her face. Her fingers intertwined together as her hands made a grateful gesture.

"Shizuku.. Who are..?" Shiho stared at the three girls standing beside Shizuku with a confused and defensive expression. "I thought you.."

"Ah, no!" Shizuku shook her head quickly. "I'm sorry I lied about needing help for dinner. I just didn't know how else to call you here!" Her smile was replaced with a guilty frown and her cheeks were tinted with an embarrassed crimson.

Shiho sighed at the way their sister's mood changed so quickly. It was always strange to them but they learned to accept it.

"It's fine... Don't look so miserable." Shiho grumbled. "So? Why'd you call me here?"

"Shii-chan!" Shizuku immediately brightened and leaped forward to pull her sibling into a hug. "Well, I called you here because I wanted you to celebrate Christmas with me and my friends! Do you know them already?"

"Ah.. um-" Shiho shoved Shizuku away gently and studied the visitors behind their sister. There was Airi- of course they knew her. She's in Shizuku's idol group and she comes around often with Minori and Haruka. But then there was a brunette and a light pink haired girl who Shiho didn't recognise. "It's nice to meet you.." they said to the two girls. "And nice to see you, Momoi-san."

"Nice to see you too, Shiho-chan!" Airi grinned, her sharp canine sticking out childishly. The honorific she used made Shiho flinch and suddenly their mood turned slightly sour. Airi then pat the brunnette on her shoulder, "This is Shinonome Ena. And this," she looked at the light pink haired. "is Akiyama Mizuki!"

"Nice to meet you, Shinonome-san, Akiyama-san." Shiho bowed and took a step back, suddenly feeling awkward. However, as Shiho was about to say goodbye, something caught their eye. Ena reacted normally by giving them a respectful bow back but Mizuki... she stared at Shiho with a very intense gaze with the heaviest blush they'd ever seen. "Um... Akiyama-san, are you alright?"

"Mizuki, you're bright red!" Shizuku gasped. "Is it too warm in here? Airi, can you help me turn down the heating..?"

"Wahaha!" Ena cackled. "Mizuki looks like Rudolph's red nose!" she teased but suddenly sounded concerned. "Heeeyy? What's happening to you? Are you sick?"