A New Day

I woke up the next morning at around 7:15. I let out a soft yawn and stretched. I turned to Lana and gently tapped my hand on her shoulder.

"Good morning Lana," I said. "Time to wake up."

Lana woke up and also let out a soft yawn.

"Morning Lynn," she said. "Well, time to get ready for school."

I went to the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower, I changed into my Sonic shirt and my red track pants. I also decided to tie my ponytail back up. I went back to my room and Lana went in the bathroom for her shower. I put on my knee-high socks, my black Adidas shoes, and my red varsity jacket. I got my backpack and put my Sonic plushie inside.

I went down to the living room with my stuff and waited while everyone else was getting ready. Then, Dad came out of the kitchen.

"Morning kiddo," he said.

"Morning pops," I replied.

"I like the football field cake your friends gave you," he said. "It looks so great."

"Yeah. Have you tried some?" I asked.

"It's delicious," he said.

"That's great. So, what's for breakfast?" I asked.

"We're having pancakes," he said.

"Ok," I said.

A while later, Luna and Lana came down the stairs ready for the day. We proceeded to the dining table and sat down on the chairs while waiting for the others.

"I like your outfit dude," Luna said to me. "The colors match."

"Thanks," I said. "I am in high school after all. I gotta make myself look good."

"Hey, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for making fun of your birthday," she said. "After what happened yesterday, I just can't make it worse for you."

"Thank you," I said.

"So, what's for breakfast?" asked Lana.

"We're gonna have pancakes," I said.

"Sounds delicious," she said.

Eventually, everyone else came to the dining table. We waited for the pancakes to be served. Then, Dad came to the table with the pancakes.

"Ok everyone, breakfast is served," he said.

We all got 2 pancakes each. I poured some syrup on my pancakes and I started to eat them. They were very good. I wasn't sure which pancake mix Dad used, but he used a pretty good one. When I finished my pancakes, I waited for everyone else to finish. Soon after, they finished theirs.

"What a delicious breakfast this was," said Luna. "Thanks for these pancakes, Dad."

"Same here," I said to him.

"You're welcome," he said. "Alright, time for all of us to go."

We all got our backpacks and got in vanzilla. Dad was driving today. I let Lana sit next to me. The ride to school was pretty comfortable. The younger siblings were dropped off first again. Before Lana got off, I hugged her.

"I hope you have an amazing day," I said to her.

"You too Lynn," she said.

After that, she got off with the rest of the younger siblings and we took off. About 5 minutes later, we arrived at the school.

"Ok kids, make sure you have your stuff," said Dad. "Have a great day."

"Thanks," we all said to him.