𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

The room would've been considered normal if the very person who I've had mixed intentions about wasn't in the middle of the room, sitting on a red plush couch, and a table full of food across from her.

 "We meet again. Come, sit." She smirked at me and gestured her hand to a chair made of the same material.

It took every cell in my body to try and not run the other direction. I weighed my options and went for the I'm-still-going-to-be-alive-after-this decision.

 I sat down on the chair, taking a deep breath in and made eye contact with her. I couldn't make a bad impression if I was going to be her . . .

"Let's start with formal introductions." She started, leaning in and extending her hand out.

"Yvonne Lockhart." I extended my hand out and she shook it firmly. 

"Eleanor Whitestone." She replied, giving me a smile that highlighted her fangs.

It took some effort to not show my reaction towards her cold palm. I pulled my hand back and placed it face down on my lap, like the other.

"You have a nice name, Yvonne." She took her hand back as well, her maroon eyes looking into mine.

"Thank you."

"You may call me whatever you like, darling." She rested her hand on one of the couch arm rests and smiled.

Nothing really popped up in my head so I stuck with finding a nickname instead.

"Could I give you a nickname?"

She paused but made a small smile and nodded.

I look to the side, thinking.

"Ella?"

"Yes, dearest?"

I sighed in relief. 

"Now that that's settled, I suppose you want a formal reason as to why you're here? I'm sure my coven told you plenty on your journey here." She leaned back and crossed her legs, her gaze not leaving my eyes for a second.

I nodded immediately, earning a light chuckle from her lips.

"I'll keep it short since there's more that I want to tell you."

 I reminded myself to sit straight, I needed to hear every word.

"I needed somebody to be my blood supply after the last one faded a few days ago. Your village seemed well populated for my coven and I thought, why not pay a visit?"

I slowly bob my head, swallowing the information. I stopped myself from wincing when she mentioned the coven's visit and kept my back straight.

 "Some took what they needed the day before you began going through the woods with my coven, however. I suppose you're probably wondering why, out of all the girls in your village, you're sitting across from me right now."

"Yes . . ." I gave a slow nod.

"My coven did some spying around that same night after they supposedly left and managed to find a diamond in the rough."

 "I'm sorry, diamond?" I interrupted.

"Yes. In all my centuries of living, I have never come across anybody as rare as you." That reply should've made me flattered, by all means. But she made me feel a shiver when she said centuries.

 But a realization hit me after processing her words.

"Wait . . . you've never seen or come across somebody that looked like me?" I repeated, trying to confirm what I'd heard.