𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲

"You're saying I passed out?!

I heard what he said correctly. Although I quite clearly remember that Ella told me not to worry about that with the food she prepared before the feeding. Was it a lie or a mistake?

"Don't panic, Yvonne. It has never happened before. All of the previous people before you have taken the exact same kind of food, at the same hour, and nothing bad occured then."

"Then why is this time different?!" 

He hesitated and I take a deep breath, taking a moment to think and calm down.

Though I passed out during feeding, I still remember all the food I ate. Ham, some meat, dried fruit, and some mixed nuts. Surely that was enough for a regular person to have more than enough iron, right? 

Even more thoughts were racing before they were paused.

"Are you sure your curse is fully appearance wise?" William asked.

"I'm sure! The only thing I got from it was rough glares from my village and a demotion in status."

He thinks again and I add more topics to my train of thought.

My curse is the most prominent thing in my life and if it weren't here, I'd never have met the Greenwoods and be in this castle. If there was anything else life changing that bore out of this, I'd surely rememeber it!

"Do you have any medical problems then?" He tries, his tone with a hint of desperation.

"No." 

His brow furrows and I let my head fall to the cushioned headboard. 

"Rah, what's wrong with me?" I groan out in exasperation.

He doesn't reply and instead sighs.

I pout and look to the side, returning back to my thoughts. This back and forth was getting on my nerves.

The queen was described as a very fair and kind character. I believed it during the start of the dinner but once more, I have mixed feelings. 

"If we can't figure out why that event happened, then... could you give me a brief summation of what happened beforehand?" He perked up.

I sit up straight on the bed and nod, trying to organize my memory.

"We introduced each other and made small talk, I ate, and she fed on me before I passed out."

He thinks before talking again.

"Anything else?" 

I shake my head.

"Not really." I reply.

He leans back on his chair and brings his hand to his chin, sort of reminding me of Mr. Allan. They both look alike when they think.

I smile at the memory before my smile falls and I let out a breath.

He looks up and I shake my head, his head falls.

A moment of silence passes before I realize, I'm not in my dress anymore.

I look at him in alarm.

"William?!"

His head jerks up.

"Yes?"

I swallow and decided not to say it out loud. Instead, I point to what I thought I was wearing to be a dress, now a night gown.

"What... Oh."

He shakes his head and straightens up.

"A maid changed you. There was some blood splattered on the top part of your dress and the queen didn't want it to attract the attention of any of the coven."