Herrscher

Percy's last memory is the explosion and the two entity.

And of course Annabeth.

His eyes were blurry, but he could still see Annabeth's silhouette. And blood around her.

With his last strength he tried to some water from the plants around him, to heal Annabeth.

He didn't know if he made it.

The first thing he saw was the destroyed Artemis cabin.

Then he looked at Annabeth a few meters away from him.

He crawled next to her.

He first checked her pulse and heartbeat.

"She's alive..."

Percy was so relieved he started crying.

He looked at Annabeth again. Just then he realized something.

Annabeth's left arm was missing.

Not even its remains could be found.

"TAKE THEM TO MEDS!", Thalia shouted with full power.

"Thalia....", Percy cried. "Her arm..."

"...I know...", she answered quietly.

Percy suddenly looked up again.

"Jason?"

Thalia looked at him with tears.

She saw most of it after the explosion.

Her brother and that girl suddenly had different outfits. They also looked more different, more powerful and more frightening.

Jason wanted to destroy everything in his reach but the girl killed him.

She saved everyone there.

But she also killed Thalia's brother.

Thalia looked into Percy's teary eyes.

She felt like what happened to Annabeth was her fault. She sent them to Jason.

"Sorry, Percy..." Tears appeared in Thalia's eyes. "Take the three of them to meds!"

Thalia looked around again.

There were five bodies next to the ruins of the Artemis cabin. They were burnt to death.

They were the three Hunters, the Apollo child and the little girl. Percy and Annabeth were only alive because Percy was quick enough to shield Annabeth and himself with the sweat on him.

And of course there was Jason's body.

Thalia kneeled down next to him.

"What happened to you?", she cried. "What the ACTual FUCK happened to you?!"

She couldn't believe Jason was himself when he attacked everyone.

'He must have been corrupted!', she thought. 'Yes, that wasn't you! It was something else...'

She kissed his brother's head.

"See you in the Fields of Elysium, brother!"

***

Kiana woke up.

She finally remembered everything before she woke up in the alley.

But something didn't feel right.

She didn't remember anything after Percy, Annabeth, Petra and she had entered the so-called Artemis cabin.

Her last memory is seeing Jason and then-

She started to feel the fear again. The fear of herself. The fear of the Herrscher of Void inside her. The fear of killing someone again.

Yet she knew what happened.

She turned into the Herrscher again.

She killed Jason.

She just felt it.

But why is she herself again? Why isn't she the rampaging Herrscher?

'It's because of Himeko...', she thought.

She realized the Herrscher of Void couldn't take over her body for more time.

"Kiana...", she heard a familiar voice. "Don't be afraid! I'm here..."

Kiana realized who this voice belonged to.

"Fu...Hua...?", she cried.

Fu Hua's voice didn't answer.

'I'm starting to hear voices...', she thought. 'Hah, I'm going crazy...'

Either way, it really felt good for her to hear Fu Hua's voice.

Kiana looked around.

It was already dark. Yet Percy sat on one of the beds, next to another person, probably Annabeth.

"Thalia told me what happened", Percy said. "It wasn't your fault. He attacked us..."

"Percy, I-" Kiana tried to bring up an excuse but she couldn't find any.

She didn't even remember what happened.

"I'm just saying I'm not mad or anything. It wasn't your fault."

"Is that Annabeth?"

"Yes."

"How is she?"

"Lost an arm..."

Kiana didn't know what to say. She felt terrible about it. She made this, because Annabeth was standing the closest to her.

"At least she's alive...", Percy continued.

Another awkward silence.

"It's my fault", Percy said. "I didn't believe Annabeth. I didn't want to leave Jason there to die. Because of me four other demigods died and a child too..."

Kiana stood up.

She walked to Percy and just hugged him.

She didn't say anything. She just hugged him.

She knew it wasn't her who Percy needed to hug right then. But she was the only one who could hug him at that moment.

"Kiana...", Percy said. "What is this thing?"

"Not sure about that. But zombies are its weakest pawns. The strongest are the Herrschers. Jason turned into one of them. You couldn't have helped him."

"You turned into one too."

"Yes. I did once before. The Herrscher killed many people, including one of my mentors and friends."

"Is it really you who control this Herrscher?"

"No", Kiana answered. "I don't remember anything the Herrscher did right now."

"So it's a completely different persona. Do you know how to kill a Herrscher?"

Kiana stuttered.

"Wh-why?"

"I want to eradicate this thing. The Honkai or whatever. I want to destroy it. Its very source."

Kiana couldn't say anything. Percy was too much reminding her of a person she hated and was afraid of. The person that created her.

The person that turned her into a Herrscher.

The person that made her kill Himeko.

Otto Apocalypse.