New Nightmares.

It had been a few weeks since Arien joined Aaron's apartment as a new roommate, the couch was his room, he didn't need much else but a few clothes Aaron had been lending him, a charger, and the headphones Aaron gave him,
Those were his favorite thing about the dreamer world. By far.
It drowned out everyone and everything that made his skin crawl, not by a lot sometimes if it was really loud, but it was something he could focus on, and enjoy focusing on.

Today was no different, the was sitting at the counter of the silver cup coffee shop doing finance work for Aaron as he dealt with the customers.
Seems that's what the two had come to in agreement.
Arien was too petrified to talk to anyone anyway, and Aaron was awful at math.

"Hey! I'll be back real quick watch the store!" Aaron shouted running into the back and up the stairs

Arien was surprised, pulling off a headphone to quickly dart his head over to Aaron who was already gone, "wait what?!" He shouted incredibly surprised.
Which didn't matter because Aaron had already bolted back down in a matter of seconds running into a wall with a box in his arms.

He ran over to arien from the other side of the counter and set the box down firmly.

Arien was still reeling from the initial running away.

"Open it! It's yours!" Aaron giddily,

Arien blinked and looked down at the package, clearly opened and then regaled so aired could get into it.
Arien slowly reached out and opened it, patient with the packaging.

Aaron was bouncing up and down with anticipation like an excited puppy.

Arien finally got to the inside of the box, inside was a clean, new box, with headphones on the front of it. Arien paused.

"You-"

Aaron laughs with a smile, "do you like it?"

Arien paused. He started tearing up, he had no clue how to respond.

"H-hey- I-its ok-" Aaron said walking around the counter to comfort Arien

Who immediately hugged Aaron.

"You're the best..." he muttered, it made Aaron laugh a little bit,

"I'm really not, but I'm glad you like your gift.." he said hugged Arien back slightly.

-

It had been around a month now. It all felt like it went by so fast...
That's when they started.
New nightmares.

Waking up screaming in the middle of the night.
Aaron would always rush out of his room to check on Arien.
But...they always faded.
He. Was becoming a dreamer himself in some aspects now...

The clown never showed up when he slept but he felt it...
He had dreams where he woke up in the hallway.
He had dreams here,
About his own funeral.
He had dreams elsewhere, too,
About Ahiko's funeral, too...

But he always had Aaron. His blonde guardian Angel. Or that's what it felt like. His hugs were always warm, like he, himself was a child of the sun. Looking after Arien.
And Somehow, Aaron was never in these new night terrors.

-

Arien gasped awake, his lungs begging for air that he very much had, and like on schedule Aaron's light went on and he walked out of his room around the corner turning to Arien.
He was out of it.
This one was bad.