3 | Night Ride 夜骑

A heavy silence fell between the two of you, making your palms sweaty and throat feel dry.
"I...guess I should probably head back inside. I'd really rather go home though..." You mumble the last part to yourself bitterly. You really didn't wanna go back into the party with all that loud noise, and knowing Ken was somewhere in there probably not sparing you a single thought made you feel nauseous.

"Why stay then?" Hanma questions lazily, reaching in his pocket and taking out a pack of cigarettes.

"Well, I Uber'd here since my original ride bailed on me, I barely even spent time in there, and I was actually lookin' forward to the alcohol; even though it's nasty and cheap." You chuckle dryly, leaning your head against the window.
"I wanna at least celebrate my accomplishment a little, you know?" You add with an exasperated sigh.

"Wanna celebrate with me instead?" He raises a brow, clicking the lighter a few times before it finally gave him a little flame, lighting up a new cancer stick.

You narrow your eyes skeptically at him. You felt you knew him well enough by now to understand he's a very flirtatious, very outspoken kind of guy, so whatever he was suggesting was definitely not innocent.

"What d'you mean?" You ask hesitantly.

"No need to look at me so suspicious, doll. Just seemed like you could use some fun." He chuckles breathily, taking a long drag.

"Fun..." You murmur, looking out at the frat house from the window. Flashing blue, white, and green lights shined from inside, and folks were jumping up and down to the music. You knew Ken was somewhere in there, having a blast with his boys and Ms. Butterfly tattoo celebrating his big accomplishment. Why does he get to live it up and you don't? Your jaw clenches, feeling that anger that prompted your meeting Hanma in the first place rise back up for a second.

"You know what? I could use some fun for real. What'chu trynna do?"

💠

The sky looks so pretty, and to think you would've never seen it had you not come out here with Hanma. You look up at the pretty, glittery  stars from the window. The sky is completely clear, and every single star is so luminous along with the nearly full moon. Tonight the pale moonlight is so bright that it's lighting up every surrounding as if it's day.

At the last point you looked at the time on your phone it was about twelve something, now...it could be any time, you had no clue. All you know is that Hanma had taken you to some random liquor store on the way to where you both currently are now.

It was on the near outskirts of the city, up high and looking over the night. You two had gotten into the backseat of his car, much to your little angel on your left shoulder's dismay, talking about any and everything. Chill, vibey music played from the radio, going along perfectly with the atmosphere the night created.

"This is waaaay better than that frat party to be honest." You murmur lazily, taking another little sip from the bottle Hanma bought you. You felt so much looser around him thanks to the sweet alcohol, now you could relax and just be in the moment.

"Glad I could help." He grins, blowing smoke into the air as he wraps his arm over your shoulders. You sigh blissfully, leaning into his side with your eyes closed. The scent of him was so loud now that you were this close, that harmonious mix of cologne and cigarette smoke, it was honestly more intoxicating than the alcohol.

"If I stay like this too long I might fall asleep on you. You're surprisingly comfortable." You chuckle lightly, snuggling closer for a moment to further prove your point. Hanma let's out a short hum in response, then takes another long drag of his cigarette.