Half An Hour

मैं बारिश की बोली
समझता नहीं था
हवाओं से मैं यूँ
उलझता नहीं था..
है सीने में दिल भी
कहाँ थी मुझे ये खबर

कहीं पे हो रातें
कहीं पे सवेरा
आवारगी ही रही साथ मेरे
ठहर जा ठहर जा ये कहती है तेरी नज़र

___________________________________________

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. There was a noisy atmosphere in one of the house.

Opening the door of Chaahat's room, Siddharth tried to speak but not a single word comes out of his mouth. Seeing her, Siddharth widens his eyes and opens his mouth, he seems to be very surprised.

" What happened? Am I not looking good? " - Chaahat asked doubtfully . She turned herself to face the mirror again. But Sidharth came fastly and stopped her. Shaking his head vigorously.

" Chaahat, you are looking absolutely beautiful but I'm in dilemma you are recognising me or not. " - he asked still in shock .

" What do you mean bhaiya"

" Chaahat...you didn't wear your glasses. I'm thinking you could even see Me or not--" - before Sidharth could complete his sentence Chaahat yelled at him and pushed him outside of the room and locked the door. On the other side of door sidharth laughed hard on her reaction.

" She made me wear contact lenses. You don't have to worry " - Chaahat said from the other side of door and went towards her bed to check her phone which just got buzzed with a message.

Chaahat checked the message app and here he was again with anonymous number.

Unknown - It's been a long time since we met.

Unknown - And you know what I can't stop thinking about your luscious scent.

Me - Mister , We never met. And please Stop sending me messages here.

Unknown - So can I send it on Insta or WhatsApp?

Me - fuck yourself.

Unknown - why would I fuck myself when you can better do it.

" Agh what's wrong with this guy. I can't waste my time here talking shit with this stupid guy. I have better things to do instead. Like my engagement. Yeah today's my engagement. And I'm all ready to go the venue." Thinking this, Chaahat stands up and looks at herself in the mirror one last time and walks out of the room.

Outside, Ajith was in a hurry keeping all the gifts in the car. Ajith did not want anything to go wrong in his daughter's engagement because Ajith also knew that it was not possible for him to match Ranawat's standard. But, after all, his savings of years were only for his daughter's marriage, hence Ajith does not want any hindrance in this marriage.