Chapter 1

Everlee

I wake up to silence, which is extremely unusual. There's almost always noise, someone watching TV, someone hitting pots and pans together while cooking. I mean Jesus, most mornings even screaming, But there's nothing and that has me shitting my pants.

I grab my phone and check the time before jumping out of bed and running into the bathroom. Im fucking late, now it makes sense why it's quite. Everyone's already in class, the fuckers left me here.

I shove my tooth brush in my mouth as fast as possible and grab an old pair of jeans on the ground to put on. They passed the sniff test so they're fine right?

My hair is still pretty okay looking from the curls last night so I spit my toothpaste out and grab the small hair clip on the corner of the sink, it's definitely Noah's but I couldn't care less right now.

I rub at the mascara that's smeared under my eye but it's no use, it's apparently fucking indestructible and it just causes my face to get red and irritated. I silently cuss at myself for even trying while running into the living room.

I spot a black hoodie thrown across the back of the couch so I throw it over my head and call it done. I put my ratted up vans on my foot and hop over to my bag hanging by the Tv while putting on the other shoe.

I open the front door and see that Noah's car is still in the drive way so not only did his bitchass leave me here, whoever picked him up left me here. They're about to get a lovely earful in the group chat.

I book it to my car and pull out of the drive way, definitely planning on breaking a few laws so I don't miss this exam.

I cannot stand being late, I'm always up a good two hours before class so I can get ready and make breakfast for both of us, Noah and I practically have the same schedule on Wednesdays so it became a bit of a routine. Noah is the one that wakes up late and I have to take care of everything for us, not a fan of the roles being reversed.

I pull into the parking lot and throw my car in park before running into the University. Noah and I decided to get our own apartment not too far from campus after many failed dorm roommates.

We just couldn't ever find a roommate that we didn't hate, after passing freshman year when we didn't have to live on campus anymore, we knew exactly what we had to go. It only made sense to get an apartment together.

I make it into class right on time and run up to my seat where Noah is covering his face with his hand. Failing miserably to contain any laughter.

"Goodmorning sleeping beauty, I was wondering if you were ever going to wake up today. You were absolutely knocked out this morning."

He looks me up and down and smirks when his eyes land back on my eyes.

"Ev, not to be that person but, you look like the epitome of "party college girl" right now."

I roll my eyes at him even though he is kind of right, the messy hair, smeared makeup, I've got it all.

Though mine was definitely not from partying. I was up late scrolling through Tumblr and crying to Mitski.

Over him.

"Yeah no fucking help from you, douchebag. Why didn't you wake me up you know this is a big exam right? I wake you up all the time for classes! Hell I make your breakfast!"

"Aw don't be like that. You know how you are when you're that knocked out Ev, I tried. You wouldn't budge, but don't worry, I was going to take your test for you."

My eyebrows draw together in confusion, the professor takes attendance before exams. He knew there would be an extra paper, but just when I start to say that, Jolly leans out from beside him and waves. I drop my expression into a bored one and look back to Noah.