Arc 1 chapter 7 A drink with friends

At the hanged man Varric, Adwen, and Anders are in Varric's room and are having a drink after a rough night. While Hawke is elsewhere, mourning the death of his mother.

Varric: Poor Hawke, first he lost his sister to the circle. Now he has lost his mother.

Anders: I wonder how Hawke will break the news to Bethany.

Adwen: Well, I know how they feel to be honest.

Anders: What do you mean?

Adwen: I lost both my parents when I was a child.

Varric: How did they die?

Adwen: (sighs) Well I think it's time I tell you my story since I know all of you. I am not a Ferelden actually, I am a Tevinter. I was born in Tevinter, my father was a Tevinter grey warden, and my mother was a dalish elf.

Anders: Wait then, if your father was a grey warden have you ever.

Adwen: What! No, I never had any problems darkspawn related, and grey wardens can have children without inheriting problems darkspawn related. Anyway, my mother was exiled from her clan due to me, she then died when I was young. My father was rarely around, so he left me in the care of a friend who was a Tevinter noblewoman. But she found out I was half elven, so my father had to raise me. He first took us out of Tevinter, he would leave me in the care of people he knew. But one day he left me in the care of arl eamon, because he went on a grey warden deep roads expedition. However, sometime after he left, he died on the expedition due to a collapse. I got the news from a grey warden named Duncan who was with him at the time. After that I was in arl eamon's care permanently, then I followed Alistair into joining the templars. But he soon joined the grey wardens, while I became a templar and was assigned to the Denerim chantry. Then came the fifth blight and the battle of Denerim, which lead to my transfer and now here I am drinking with some new friends.

Varric: A bit too detailed, but it explains why you're not fond of the deep roads.

Anders: Isabelle did doubt that you weren't Ferelden, her reason was because "you did not have that look" she said.

Varric: Ever thought about going back to Tevinter?

Adwen: No, I've never thought of it actually. I'm not sure if I feel any love of the country of my origin, I think I do feel love for it. But I am more concerned about the happening in Kirkwall.

Anders: Me too actually, can't believe Meredith's policies on the mages.

Varric: She is a bit too cruel, but I am also concerned on how Lance has changed. He is now radical and has now become part of Meredith's inner circle, my sources also tell me he personally turns mages tranquil and enjoys it.

Adwen: Well, that's unfortunate to hear, well I better go home and get a goodnights rest.

Varric: Well, see you.

Anders: Yeah, see you.

Adwen leaves the hanged man and heads back to his house, he now wonders about the thought of someday going back to Tevinter but he has his duty to the templars. And is concerned by what is happening in Kirkwall, he enters his house and changes into his sleepwear and goes to sleep.