Chapter 3

Hot shot was hoping his heart transplant was going to come soon. Hot shot didn't know how much longer he could wait. Hot shot was kind of worried and scared what may happen. He was hoping to get better very soon. 

Hot shot has been waiting since early January and it was soon early February. Hot shot had been waiting for weeks to get a heart. Hot shot was wondering when his new heart was going to come. 

Hot shot didn't like all the tubes from the berlin heart. But he knew it was helping him.

Time passed and February gave way to March. Hot shot was still waiting he was wondering when it was going to happen. He was wondering if it was even going to happen.

Hot shot saw the therapy dogs on a regular basis and they cheered him up a lot. Hot shot was hoping soon he was going to get his new heart.

Then it became April. Hot shot had been waiting for four months. Right now it was April 7th, 9:00 pm at night. Hot shot hadn't eaten anything since breakfast that morning he just had no appetite. Dr. Walters was considering a feeding tube.

Then the phone rang. "This is Dr. Dreyer," Dr. Dreyer said. "Really there is a heart for him?" he asked. He took a look at it. It was a heart for Hot shot. All of it looked perfect from the reports. "Okay we will send our transplant team there right now," he said. Then he showed it to the other doctors. They agreed it was perfect.

The transplant team who was going to get it came. "Everyone we have a heart for a young boy named Hot shot, the donor hospital is about 25 minutes from here, so get on a move on and bring this heart here safely," Dr. Dreyer said.

"I will get going," Dr. Pierson said. "Come on team let's move," he said.

Dr. Dreyer came into Hot shot's room. Hot shot was laying bed feeling really weak and tired. Hot shot was thinking he couldn't wait much longer because he was feeling weaker as time went on. But he had a feeling tonight was the night he gets his heart. "Dr. Dreyer," Quickshadow said. "What is it?" she asked.

"What were you planning on doing this evening?" Dr. Dreyer asked.

"I was thinking maybe putting on a movie for us to watch," Quickshadow said.

"You might want to put on that movie another time, because there is a heart for Hot shot," Dr. Dreyer said.

"You're serious?" Quickshadow asked.

"Yes Hot shot is getting a heart tonight," Dr. Dreyer said. "Since he hasn't eat since breakfast this morning, we can move forward with it," he said.

"What is going on?" Hot shot asked now waking up from dozing off earlier.

"Hot shot glad you are awake, because I have some news for you," Dr. Dreyer said.

"What kind of news?" Hot shot asked.

"You are getting a heart tonight," Dr. Dreyer said.

"Really? There is a heart for me?" Hot shot asked.

"Yes there is," Dr. Dreyer said.

"Oh boy," Hot shot said.

Hot shot was being prepped for surgery. Quickshadow at the mean time called Heatwave letting him know what is going on. "I will be there soon," Heatwave said. Then Heatwave headed to the hospital.

Hot shot was soon wheeled into the OR when Heatwave got there. Hot shot saw his parents and hugged them. Then Hot shot was taken into the OR.

Hot shot was being give the special sleep medicine. Then Hot shot was soon asleep. Then the doctors were preparing to open Hot shot's chest.