Chapter 4

Hot shot getting used to taking all the different medicines he had to take now. Hot shot helped his parents set up timers so they wouldn't forget. At the moment the medicines were liquids because Hot shot had a hard time swallowing pills.

Hot shot took the medicine without a fight. "Good job," Quickshadow told him after she gave him a dose.

Then a bit later Hot shot had another appointment. It was going well. Everything was checking out. "Things are looking good," Dr. Jolond said. "The scans and tests show your new heart is doing well and doing well with the changing of the dosage of the medicine," he said.

Then in August Hot shot was able to go back home. Hot shot was feeling so much better. Then he was able to go on his build a bear make a wish. He was working with the build a bear people to make the new bear for organ transplant awareness.

Hot shot decided on a rhino design. "This will be a great bear," the CEO said. Then the workers went right to work in hopes of completing the bear sometime soon.

Hot shot was also able to go to school. He was even in the same class as his friends. The other kids were wondering why Hot shot and his four best friends kept leaving for several minutes to the nurse and kept coming back.

"We have medicine we need to take," Hot shot said.

"What are you sick?" one of the girls asked.

"No," Hot shot and his friends said.

"Do you have a problem that is controlled by medicine?" a boy asked.

"Kind of," Hoist said.

"You see we received something called heart transplant, which means we got new hearts from donors and we need to take medicine to keep our bodies from rejecting the new hearts," Medix said.

Then the teacher had the nurse explain about organ transplants to the kids and how that saved lives. She also told them how it makes lives of the recipients and donors change.

Hot shot was soon at another doctor's appointment. Hot shot was soon going to meet the donor family. Hot shot was looking forward to that. Hot shot got ready for it.

Hot shot got build a bears for the parents and two kids in the family and all four of them had the recording of Tony's heart beating in his chest.

Then the big day came. They two families were happy to meet. Tony's parents used a stethoscope to listen to Tony's heart in Hot shot's chest.

"I got something for you all," Hot shot said and handed them the build a bears.

They pressed the paws and the recording of the heart beat fill the room from the bears. "That is Tony's heart beat," Heatwave said.

"Thank you so much for this gift, we had such a hard time since losing him," Tony's mother said.

"We are happy to see thanks to Tony your son is happy and healthy," Tony's father said.

Then several months later Hot shot's build a bear rhino was now ready. Hot shot received a package it was from build a bear. There was a letter saying this was the first build a bear organ transplant awareness wish rhino, it was customizable like he wanted for type of organ being transplanted and it was his. Just like him it had a big scar on it's chest. 

Hot shot hugged it and it had heart beat. "Mummy daddy it has a heartbeat," Hot shot said.

"That is very nice son," Heatwave said.

"How wonderful," Quickshadow said.

Hot shot was very happy and hoping to keep being healthy.

Hot shot was still seeing the doctors at Texas children's on a regular basis. Hot shot was still doing well.

The doctors were proud of how well Hot shot was doing.

Then it was April 8th. The first anniversary of Hot shot's heart transplant. The doctors were checking everything to make sure Hot shot was okay. They got the all clear that things were good.

Hot shot still took all of his medicines on time. Hot shot was growing as time went on. He was very happy and healthy.

Hot shot was still seeing his cardiologist and other doctors on a regular basis still. It was because he was transplant patient and they wanted to make sure the heart was still working for Hot shot which it was.

Hot shot was told there was a chance he was going to need another heart transplant in the future.

Before anyone knew it Hot shot was 23 and graduated from college. He was now a man. Hot shot was even a cardiologist resident who was learning what it is like to be a cardiologist.

Hot shot chose to go into cardiology after much experience in being cared for as a cardiac patient.

Hot shot was still doing well and now seeing an adult cardiologist. Hot shot was now working with his old cardiologist and former transplant and surgical team. Hot shot was happy to see them.

They were happy see him too. They were glad he was so healthy and strong now. "We are glad you are doing so well," Dr. Jolond said. "You have become a fine man," he said.

Hot shot also got married and now was a father to a little girl. Hot shot was proud of himself and the life he had. But he won't forget ever about his journey during childhood which is still going on till this day. Hot shot is prepared now for whatever else the future has in store.

The end.