6

⚠️⚠️TW!! GUN!!⚠️⚠️

I froze as I heard what sounded like a gun, loaded right behind me. Then the tip of the gun met the back of my head, my breath quickly became rapid and I felt a panic grow inside me.

"D-Don't shoot... p-please" I shuddered out and just as it came out I could hear how pathetic it sounded.

"What are you snooping around for?" Her cold voice said as she pressed the gun harder towards my head, making my head bump forward.

"I am the cleaning staff y-you ordered, Ma'am..." I said, only begging that the bullet wouldn't release.

"You look a little young to be doing that job" The woman said and I could feel her eyes travel up and down my body.

"I am just doing my job..." I said, not knowing how to fully answer the last question. I was young.

"Turn around"

My breath increased slightly. I let my feet do the work as I slowly turned around. Her gun traveling with my steps and landing on my forehead, still pressed into my skin. I knew she wanted to threaten me, and it did work.

I then looked up at the woman, her emerald green eyes met mine. Her hair was short but very ginger, and not that ginger that looks washed out. This was really inherited. Somehow I recognized her. She was wearing a leather jacket with black jeans and a black top underneath. Although I could see a bandage below the top, a little bit of a blood stain stuck out.

The woman must have noticed that my eyes had been glued to the bandage a little too long and pressed the gun in a little bit more to make my head tilt up slightly. Making my eyes snap up to hers.

"Who do you work for?" The green eyed woman asked.

"Mr. Charles's cleaning services"

She couldn't been less bothered as her eyes moved from me to my bag of cleaning supplies. She quickly checked it, looking if I had stolen anything during my time here. Gladly I hadn't started thinking about that yet, Mr. Charles says it's easier to steal once u are done and pretend to go around with the sweeper, doing the last touches.

Once the redhead saw that it was empty she lowered her gun.

I felt a relief wash over me. She looked like she could pull a trigger if she wanted to.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm Y/n" I said, feeling the urge to get on good terms with this redhead.

"I'm Natalie.. Natalie Rushman" She hesitantly said. I knew she didn't trust me yet.

"Don't worry, I won't disturb you, Ms. Rushman..." I said and backed a little, ready to get back to what I was doing before.

She nodded, a little judged look flashed her face before she turned away and walked away.

Phew.

I could have gotten killed there.

The rest of the day was pretty quiet, Ms. Rushman didn't show her face again after our very welcoming introduction, minus the gun threatening part.

After I was done with picking up all the trash from the floor, vacuuming, wet drying and making beds I was finally down to the last step, last check. I took out my whipper and started going over surfaces. On a small little table I saw some golden earrings. I paused and looked at them. This could be worth a lot, that could mean I get to have one more portion of food by dinner. I quickly snatched them and put them in my pocket.

No one will ever know that they were taken, rich people only think they misplaced them somewhere. If they are rich enough, they buy new pairs. By the look of this place, I think I'm safe, minus the threatening redhead.

I went home after that. The way back felt longer than on the way there, probably because I resisted going back to the orphanage with every step of the way. I didn't want to get back to the kids, the place and worst of all, Mr. Charles. I sighed as I saw the gates of the orphanage in the distance.

"East Harlem's Orphanage"

When approching you could clearly see the sign below.

"Run happily by Adam Charles"

I scoffed as I read it, making sure to roll my eyes. I couldn't stand the sight of this building. It was old and looked like it was from the 17th century, which it probably was.

I opened the big, black metal gates that needed some oil and stepped inside the area. A cold chill went down my spine, felt like home.

The big front doors of the building were so tall I needed to tilt my head all the way up to even see the end of them. There was moss on the brick walls and vines had been growing up because of how bad it's been taken care of.

I looked up at the windows and saw big bars over them, a pretty clever way to decrease the escape chance to 0%.

"Look who's back" A voice was heard from the front gates.

It was Atticus. I smiled.

"How was it!" He said as he held the door open for me.

"I'll tell you inside"

Atticus was left with a dropped jaw after I was done. But I couldn't blame him, I certainly didn't expect that on my first home in a long time.

"Wait soo... what's gonna happen tomorrow?" He asked with his big eyes and eyelashes.

How come the guys always get so long lashes?

"I- I don't know. I will have to avoid her, I don't think she's that friendly."

Atticus nodded with his understanding look as always. Being the outcasts in the orphanage made a connection between us somehow.

"Natalie Rushman..." Atticus repeated for himself, he was trying to figure out if it sounded familiar. We don't have any television here so we don't get to know much of the outer world.

"Maybe she's a ghost!" Atticus said, making his hands curl up and approach me in order to scare me. I couldn't help but crack up in laughter.

Objective:

1. Clean

2. Be careful of the ghost woman