10

genius records, february 2023

"hi guys, i'm kylie winters. my debut album, tolerate it, comes out today. genius invited me to decode some of my lyrics." kylie sat uncomfortably on a chair as the camera stood on her.

"this album was finished during a really rough patch in my life. a lot of these songs mirror my personal experiences, it helped me cope."

"so tolerate it, not only is the name of the album, but one of my favorite songs i've ever recorded it. it's about feeling like you're putting more effort into something, and they no longer love you the way you love them." kylie thinks of jayden, and zones out for a moment.

"i made you my temple, my mirror, my sky. now i'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life.drawing hearts in the byline." the girl sung softly, "it's about feeling the difference in a relationship and feeling lost."

"i went a little out of order so i'll jump back to track 1. back to december." kylie stated. 

"because the last time you saw me is still burned in the back of your mind. you gave me roses and i left them there to die." kylie sang. "this song is about being stuck on someone who moved on, and reliving it all the time. this is from something very personal, and i will never forget the look on their face as it all went down."

"then i think about summer all those beautiful times, i watched you laughing from the passenger side. realized i loved you in the fall."

kylie paused for a moment, as she skipped to the bridge " turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you, wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine. i'd go back to december, turn around and change my own mind. these lyrics are about feeling regret on how something was handled."

"i think you guys want to hear more of my gut wrenching songs."

"track four is mr. perfectly fine. this song is about someone being okay, and it sucks. sometimes it sucks that we all move on at different paces." kylie took a breath, "and i hear he's got his arm round a brand new girl, i've been picking up my heart, he's been picking up her. this song stems from a emotional breakup, someone who was never someone i could call mine. i think situationships sometimes hurt more. do i even have the right to be mad? when everything went to shit in mu life, it took a while and a lot of help to pick myself back up. but why can others move on so easily?"

"and i'm playing the victim so well in my head. but it's me whose been making the bed. this song is really about the whole idea of who's really the victim? like did i do this to myself? i went through a horrible experience last year, where a lot of my songs stem from. and i received a lot of support, but a lot of being blamed for it. i think this is a common experience for a lot of us, and why so many people are scared to speak up."

"i don't want to spoil the whole album and deep dive into every lyric on there. so i'll leave you with one more. right where you left me.  Dust collected on my pinned-up hair. they expected me to find somewhere. some perspective, but I sat and stared. right where you left me. you left me no, oh, you left me no. you left me no choice but to stay here forever. this song is about feeling abandoned, and being unable to move on. in many aspects, everyone takes needs different things to feel successful or move on. and sometimes we handle situations differently. for me, i stayed there."

"stream my album please."