Chapter 9: Kinkajou

Kinkajou didn't know why Moonwatcher, Quibli and Winter had to fight. She had seen the fight between Winter and Moon the night Winter went missing. She had seen Quibli fight Moonwatcher and get suspended.

She didn't understand why her friends were growing apart, why Jade Mountain seemed to be torn apart. She saw how turtle never talked to her anymore. She saw how Moonwatcher was the only dragon willing to approach the wild ball of energy now.

She was being ignored and she didn't like it.
Kinkajou didn't like that no one stopped to talk to her as she trotted to the prey hall. No one payed her any mind anymore, and she just didn't feel like being energetic to get their attention.

Kinkajou sighed as she continued her walk of silence. As she passed by the entrance hall, she looked outside to see the rain pouring down, making the sky look bright and reflected, but also dark, and dreary. Kind of how she felt currently.

She continued to walk until she reached the prey center. "Oh hey coconut. Mind passing me an apple?" She spoke to the boring rainwing. "Yeah sure. I never liked apples. They're too crunchy and the cores are annoying to throw out. You know I like Mangoes, they're delicious and..."

Kinkajou let him drone on about fruit as she ate. She didn't care at this point. He was the only dragon who was talking to her so she'd accept that for now.

After she finished her apple she threw the core away. "See ya Coconut." Coconut didn't respond, too busy rambling about fruit and their perks and disadvantages.

She headed back to her cave, ignoring the voice of Moonwatcher calling out to her. She just wanted to go back to her room and relax. Then she got to the main hall and stared out into that rain. West. Towards the last direction Winter was seen.

She started to walk towards the entrance to Jade Mountain Academy, listening to the wind whistling through the caves and the rain thunder down. She spread her wings out and took off, into the rain, into the storm, and towards Winter.