Snowfall

Possible boredom warning, also cursing

Snowfall was worried. Winter hadn't been seen, her advisors had pressured her into warning Queen Thorn that if she didn't figure out where he was, she'd be forced to declare war on the sandwings.

"Snowfall, we need to figure out where prince Winter is, what if the sandwings kidnapped him?"

"Queen Snowfall, what do we do?"

"Queen Snowfall-"

"Queen Snowfall-"

"EVERYBODY QUIET, GIVE ME SOME ROOM TO GODDAMN THINK!" Snowfall yelled above the nagging voice of her advisors and family. She felt bad yelling, especially with lynx in the room but she pushed it to the side. She was being bombarded and she needed her space.

"Everyone but Lynx, you are dismissed. Out. Now.

Snowfall sighed as everyone left. She glanced down to her left to see Lynx. Oh, that sweet face had gotten her through so much. "Hey Lynx, what do you think I should do?"

"I think we should declare war, Queen Snowfall." The voice Lynx said it in such a cold voice that Snowfall was taken aback.

"That's not like you Lynx, why do you think we should declare war?"

"I'm sorry Snowfall. I love Winter. I always have. I want to know he's safe and ok. If that means going to war, I think we should."

Queen Snowfall's heart snapped in two. What about those nights that Lynx slept in her bed, holding her and telling her it was alright? Were those lies?

"Ok. Thank you Lynx. You are dismissed." She hid the pain from her voice. She was in love with Lynx and if she thought war was the right thing to do, she would do it.

And that's how she's there in her room, writing letters to the different villages and families, calling for a draft, just in case the queen of the Sandwings didn't deliver on her promise to have Winter returned in ten days.

She had talked to her and Thorn had reluctantly agreed to try to find Winter in ten days time. That's how long she had before snowfall sent her first attack on the scorpion den.

The tired Queen sighed as she signed the last of the letters. Was she doing the right thing? She'd do anything for Lynx even though she didn't love her back. It didn't matter to her, all that mattered was that Lynx was happy.

She laid on her bed and closed her eyes. In ten days, hell would come.