Chapter 55: Trouble

Sterling's POV: 12 Years Later

I am leaning on the balcony on a luxurious presidential suite in America. The fresh warm air blowing on my skin and pushing my hair back. Gazing down on the beaches and crystal clear waters. I let out a breath of peace; finally to relax after years of chaos. I was incompetent of many things as a child, but I have grown bigger, better, and stronger.

Ever since my last talk with Heiou... I... changed myself. I became more cold hearted and emotionless. I turned into a monster of malice. The very first thing I did was killing my parents, for everything they have done to me; plus they would be in the way. What always haunted me was my father, smiling at me proudly of what I've become before I took his last breath. After that, I became the person I hated most, and we became friends.

You're probably wondering if the others are with me. Heiou, my mother, and Lili... I haven't found them yet. 12 years ago I took over the camp, and made the warden and her lackies do my bidding. I treated every single staff and child miserable, they begged and screamed what did they do to deserve it... there were multiple reasons, but they don't know them. But to my surprise, Heiou escaped and mother was sold, and there were no traces of Lili. I guess things changed since the last time jump.

When I found the mutherf*cker that bought mother, he was already dead, and mother was no where to be found. That's why I dedicated these last eight years to growing this cartel, and finding my family.

I hired multiple hackers to find some sort of facial recognition through street cameras, hotel cameras, but nothing. One hacker asked me to quit the business for his wife and kids, but you already knew the answer. I killed him on the spot.

I've grown irritated, desperate, and tired. My cartel as grown tremendously, but I don't have them to share it with. My satisfaction will be fulfilled once I find them, and even force them into what I'm building.

" Sir!" One of my enforcers barged into the room. I turned my body towards him with a neutral face. " So sorry to barge in, but we were able to obtain some records of Carlisle." My eyes widen of the news and immediately rushed over to a table. I snatched the laptop out of his hands and glued my face to the screen.

It was multiple recruiting documents for law enforcement; military, police patrolling, FBI, SWAT, etc. She was high on the ranks too, best in her squads. I then saw a recent document of retirement from her role as sergent leader, then everything was blank. No tracing of her whatsoever ever.

" Thats all we were able to obtain boss. It's like she just vanished into thin air." My enforcer explained. I reread every single report that was provided multiple times, but I wasn't able to find anything that could help me at the moment. I slowly put my fingers on the screen of her recent picture. " You were always so beautiful mother." I mumbled

A blasting headache came out of nowhere as I closed my eyes shut. Ringing in my ears and multiple colored lights illuminating my sight, creating some sort of images. It was painful, and I don't know what it is, but I was seeing mother in multiple series of events. It was like a movie was playing in my head of the future.

After that incident, I was snapped back into reality. " Boss, are you alright? Do you need me to bring some medicine?" My enforcer asked worried. I was breathing heavy, but a smirk slid on my face. " I'm perfectly fine, I know just where to find her. Get everyone ready. I have a plan to get close to her."