Give Me Back My Regrets

Macaque called forth his shadows, absorbing the figure as soon as they touched the cool metal of the train, absorbing them into the darkness. Nezha yelped, unable to escape as he plunged into the shadows. The warrior turned to the others with a smirk, "I'll take care of him. You guys go ahead."

He sank into his shadows, ignoring the team's protests. Just as he dipped in fully, he caught sight of saddened, ruby-gold eyes that gave him a sweet farewell.

---

Wukong walked along the ruins, looking around before exhaling slowly, "Mei, step forward." The dragon girl nervously obeyed, not saying a word. Wukong gave her a soft smile, "Relax. I know what I'm doing."

He held his hands out, letting them glow. His eyes blazed a deep red, two pinpricks of gold narrowed down on her soul, examining the foreign energy inside of her. The king flicked his wrists, carefully maneuvering the Samadhi piece out of her bright soul. It weaved itself out slowly before fully submerging from her body with a startled gasp.

Wukong took the ring, holding back a hiss as the volatile energy bit into the skin of his palms, "You alright, Mei?" She nodded blankly, patting her chest, "It tickled. Dude, I was trying so hard not to squirm!" The ginger snorted, gesturing for Red Son, "Tang, get into position. Everyone hide behind...something."

"Things are gonna get messy."

---

He dodged the spear with a snarl, his right eye throbbing with a phantom prick of pain.

Nezha flinched from the sound subtly, huffing angrily, "This is dangerous! This ritual could end us all!" Macaque sent a flurry of shadows to lurch themselves against the deity, "Red Son can control himself fine now." The brunette blinked in surprise.

"He'll be receiving the fire..? But the dragon girl has the--"

Macaque grinned smugly as he managed to use his shadow tendrils to slam the prince against a mountain side, "Wukong knows how to get it out, no thanks to your precious emperor." The words bit viciously into Nezha's very core, and he didn't bother getting up.

The warrior stood beside his crumbled state, glaring down at him, "What? Don't tell me you pity Wukong. I thought you two were some sort of friends or something." Nezha didn't respond, simply squeezing his eyes shut. Rough hands pulled him up, forcing him to gasp in surprise.

"Nope. Get up, get the hell up and help us." Macaque stiffened, ears flaring out, "...Shit."

---

"Tang, wait don't! Not yet--" Wukong snarled as the haunted spider he was holding back thrashed in his hold, fighting to be set free.

The king was terrified.

He didn't want to...to kill the possessed arachnids by accident. Not like... And Red Son! He was in danger, being stared down by the largest spider. And if the Samadhi was set off, it could kill Goliath.

But the scholar wordlessly began the ritual.

The world glowed golden. Time slowed down as Wukong shoved Huntsman aside, lurching forward. He barely managed to push Goliath to safety as the air ignited into an unforgivable red haze.

"Wukong!"

Red Son laughed, giddy as his soul felt whole once more. Icey blue chains crumbled loudly in the air, and the flames died down as the demon landed on his feet, "Success! Simian, it work--"

Silence.

Macaque rushed forward, and it was a wonder when he'd arrived. MK followed closely, and the fire user watched mutely as they dropped beside Wukong.