||Chapter 1|| Lady Amelle and Her Vampire Son

"Oh? Did I? Well, my mistake. Can't always trust my words." Hitoryia said with a sarcastic hint to his voice and a smug smile. "After all, I don't think before I speak. I just say words and let it bite me in the back later." He continued with a shrug of his shoulders.

Eventually, they arrived back at the facility they called their base. Lux, Zyra, and Maya stayed off into the cafeteria while Luscious and Hitoryia took Luscious' brother, Xander, to go see the doctor in the medical wing while he was still unconscious. Hitoryia had actually never been directly in the medical wing, let alone gone into the doctor's main office. From what he was aware of they had one, maybe two, doctors in the entire facility.. It seemed like they'd be quite busy. But upon arriving Hitoryia noticed they weren't busy at all. They had maybe a patient or two but weren't actively dealing with them.

Hitoryia's eyes were drawn to Xander. He couldn't tell if Xander was going to be hostile when he awoke or not.. It sort of worried him that the vampire may wake up seeking chaos and be too hostile for the doctors to handle. Then he brushed the thought off thinking he should meet the doctors before jumping to a conclusion like that.

When they first entered, all they saw was a man wearing an outfit that looked very old fashioned, like he came from the Victorian Era or something. He wore a plague doctor's mask, he figured it was just one of his strange choices of fashion.

"Ah, hello there!" The man said as he stood up from his chair and welcomed the three inside. "Who's this handsome little fellow you've brought with you today?" The man placed his hand gently on the tip of Xander's chin.

Hitoryia noticed Xander looked to be awake. Hardly, but still awake.

"Such a pale boy.. Yet his skin is soft for the most part." The man inspected Xander and seemed to motion for Luscious to set him down on one of the beds for the patients. Luscious did so with absolutely no hesitation. "My dear, he is quite malnourished!" The man yelled out while grabbing a glass and filling it with some ice water.

He stepped back over to Xander who had started opening his eyes more and becoming more awake and aware of his surroundings. The man carefully helped Xander drink some of the water.

The man smiled as Xander didn't seem to resist at all. It felt somewhat surprising to Hitoryia. "Wasn't he strong..? Why is he being so obedient now.." Hitoryia thought to himself. He couldn't hide the confused look on his face, though he tried to because he didn't want to look too clueless in front of everyone.

Luscious, calm and politely bowed to the man and began walking out. Out of instinct Hitoryia followed.

"So, that's your brother? Seemed a lot more fierce before.." Hitoryia kept his eyes on the ground in front of him as he spoke.

"Yep. He's not normally that, well, weak. Though I have my suspicions he hasn't had any blood for a while." Luscious said. He sounded and looked calm for the most part. But Hitoryia could almost sense that tiny sliver of worry Luscious was trying to hide. It was his family after all.. In a world like this it's hard to keep any of your family alive.

"Well, where are we heading now then? Old man?" Hitoryia asked with a smug grin on his face as he looked at Luscious.

"Hm.. Training or observing.. I haven't decided just yet.. How about you decide for me?" Luscious said as he looked at Hitoryia with a smile in return.

"Don't you have specific times for you to train alone?" Hitoryia turned his head over to Luscious with an all too familiar annoyed hint to his gaze.

Luscious laughed in response. "That's precisely why I suggested we observe as well. I overheard earlier you had a run in with your old unit leader, Draxis." Luscious said with an interested hint under his words.