The Party

As the day goes by, Austin and I take our breaks together while another co-worker covers us.

"Austin can I tell you something?" I hesitantly ask.

"Ofcourse." He replies.

"Well I had a really scary experience one day when we closed up the shop. I was walking to my car on that street next to the forest. You know the one right?"

He nods yes and waits for me to keep going.

"Well I saw something that really scared me. It was a big tall figure with goat-like horns. I ran to my car and drove away but I saw it staring right at me in the rear view mirror."

"What the heck?! Really?!" He asked concerned. "Were you okay? Did anything else happen?"

"Yeah after that everything was okay but it really freaked me out."

"Elys you need to be careful because I saw on the news that someone supposedly spotted a tall creature within this town. And someone else claimed they saw it in that same area. Some people think it was Big Foot but obviously thats stupid."

We both broke out in laughter. "Big foot? Really?" I ask. Austin shrugs. "I'm glad your okay but next time I'll walk you to your car instead."

"Okay thank you."

6 pm

I start to get frustrated because I have a closet filled with clothes and nothing to wear.

I take a quick pause and go to the tv to change the channel. As I'm flipping through them I see the news about that creature Austin told me about.
Wow..he wasn't joking.
I start to get goosebumps just thinking about what happened but just like I do with most of my problems, I ignore it.

I go back to choosing an outfit. I picked out two options. Either a pink sparkly dress

Or go comfortable with jeans, leather jacket, and black crop top

Or
go comfortable with jeans, leather jacket, and black crop top

Or go comfortable with jeans, leather jacket, and black crop top

I put on the pink dress to try it on. I look in the mirror and cringe. Who am I kidding? I hated how my arms were big and you could see my stomach rolls through the dress. I also don't really like my breasts. Yes they were kind of big in size but they sagged. I hated it. What's odd is when I see other women who may have a similar figure as me, I always think about how pretty they are. But when it comes to myself, I'm mean. I guess it's true what they say. 'You are your biggest critic'
Some days I do feel and believe that I am pretty. Today is not that day.

*KNOCK KNOCK

I go to the door and look through the peep whole to see Neo. "Oh my god!" I whisper. My heart is racing. Oh god its her. She looks so hot today! Its too late to change out of this dress.
I open the door.
"Hi!" She gives me such a bright smile.

"Hi." I reply. "What can I do for you?"

"I wanted to ask if you had some sugar I could have? I forgot to refill my jar and I need it to bake some cupcakes right now."

"Oh yeah ofcourse! You can come in." She follows right behind me into the kitchen. I reach the cabinet and take out my sugar jar.

"Here you go." I hand it to her and as she recieves it, she stands right infront of me.

"Thank you love." She towers over me easily. She takes the sugar out of my hands.  She's standing one inch away from me. Looking down at me, I don't know if I'm just delusional or not, but she seems to slowly lean down. Is she going to kiss me?

"Uh your welcome." Feeling nervous, I step back away from her.

"So are you going somewhere?" She looks down at my dress. I suddenly feel like I'm nude or vulnerable under her gaze.

"Yeah...I got invited to a party."

"The dude who works with you huh?" She asks a little eritated. "Is he like your boyfriend?"

"Oh no he isn't! We're just friends!"

"Oh okay...well you look beautiful."

Butterflies form in my stomach.
"Thank you."

She nods. "Well have fun and be safe angle." She turns around and walks out the door.

She thinks I'm beautiful!!!

I ended up wearing the comfortable outfit to the party. Good thing I did because when we got to the party, people were dressed pretty casual. Austin and I danced together throughout the night. We were having a lot of fun together. Towards the end of the night, Austin's friend Amanda came over to talk to us. She was really cool and had such a girly presence. Right afterwards we decided we were hungry and left to get something to eat.

Luna POV

I made it late to the party and searched for Amanda. It's been a while since we've talked, I've missed her. When I go to the living room I found her talking to 2 people from a distance. I took one step towards them and the sweetest scent I've ever smelled hit me like a truck. It was so addictive. I felt adrenaline rush through me. It felt like a high. I could feel my eyes become completely black. My body threatening to turn into my true demon form. But luckily I controlled it before I could do something stupid. This strong scent was radiating from the guy.

So this is what Neo was referring to huh?

I walked towards the restroom to take a breather and relax myself. It was him! My mate!!

Once I was ready, I headed out to the living room again and Amanda walked towards me.

"Luna!! Babe your here. Listen I'm so happy you could make it!." She pulls me into a tight hugs. When I look behind her, the guy was gone.

"Me too! So who were you talking to?" I asked her in a not so sudle way. I could still smell his scent around the room.

"Who? Oh you mean Austin and Elys? They're cool. Austin is my boyfriends brother. I think I've mentioned him to you before. And Elys is his friend. They work together at that café thats 5 blocks away." She explains.

"Oh yeah I remember you mentioning his name but you never told me what he looked like."

So Elys is Neo's mate!! And my mate works with her!! I'll have to track his scent and pay him a visit later. Or mabye I'll go to that café.

"Oh right yeah. Well come on let's grab a drink!' She holds my hand and leads me to the kitchen. I look around and he is gone.

Elys POV

"Goodnight and Thank you for tonight. I had a lot of fun at the party." I go to unlock my door.

"Anytime. Goodnight!" He gives me a hug and leaves.