chapter 4

As a fashion make-up brand, Xique has more female employees. Hence, the annual dinner is naturally a time for everyone to do their utmost to compete in terms of beauty.

Jennie's interest was waning. Although she was wearing an extremely bright red dress, she huddled in a corner and tried to reduce her presence.

Even Lu Xiaoyue could not stand it and criticised her, "Aren't you letting down that rich gentleman?"

Jennie pretended not to hear. After finishing the juice, a bad aftertaste remained in her mouth. She put down the glass, took a cookie and stuffed it into her mouth, "When will it be over? I'm already sleepy."

Lu Xiaoyue glared at her exasperatedly [1] and muttered, "I still think that name sounds familiar."

Jennie smiled at her, "Go enjoy yourself. You don't have to bother about me."

Lu Xiaoyue sighed and shook her head, carrying the champagne towards the centre of the hall.

To create an intimate atmosphere, the lighting in the hall was dim. Jennie blinked and could not help yawning."Is the annual dinner too boring, or did you stay up late working last night?"

The tears blurred her vision briefly. Jennie's gaze moved up from the bottom, finally settling on the man's sharp, stern face.

She stared blankly at him as her memories came tumbling back to her, and she was reminded of the day many years ago.

Similar words and the same tilt of the head to look at her. Like before, he still loved wearing a white shirt and dark suit.

Nothing had changed, yet it felt like the world had turned upside down.

Pulling away from the memories, Jennie quickly schooled her expression and got up to address him, "CEO Kim."

Taehyung had a light smile on his face as he surveyed her quietly before nodding at her. She had no idea what he was thinking.

"You did well for the proposal this time," though Taehyung was the lead, he was never stingy with his praises.

Jennie lowered her eyes and smiled, "It's good that I didn't disappoint you.""Lambert, da bist du (here you are)." An exquisite lady in a white dress walked towards Taehyung and took his arm intimately.

In an instant, the corners of Jennie's mouth flattened, and her eyes carried a hostility she did not realise.

Both of them chatted in an unfamiliar language. Jennie did not understand, so she quietly stood at the side, her gaze downwards as she looked at the tips of her shoes.

She was clearly the one who had her conversation interrupted, but she now felt very redundant.

"Jennie." Taehyung called out to her.

Jennie raised her head and made a sound of acknowledgement.

"This is Jennifer. She's my colleague from the German headquarters. She's also in charge of marketing," Taehyung introduced.

Jennie put on an impeccable smile and shook hands with the woman, "Nice to meet you."

Taehyung introduced her in German. Jennie had no idea how he described her, but it was probably just her name and title.They continued talking for a while. Both of them seemed very close and would laugh lightly from time to time.

Jennie was increasingly at a loss for what to do. Fortunately, Jennifer waved goodbye soon after.

Jennie originally thought that Taehyung would leave too, but he stood at the same spot and did not seem to have any intention to leave.