chapter 11

1

Taehyung actually found out long ago that Jennie might secretly be in love with him. It was not strange that one or two songs played on the car stereo were songs he had heard before, but to have five consecutive songs of different styles and languages that he knew? He immediately noticed that something was wrong.

He had once doubted their ambiguous relationship because of this, thinking that Jennie might, perhaps, be letting his wrong impression go uncorrected and going with the flow. It was simply difficult to refuse his kindness after all, be it a superior or an idol. Wasn't such thinking narcissistic of him?

Later, after they were officially together, Jennie immediately denied it when Taehyung brought it up. She told him not to be too smug - that she had simply looked up to his career achievements back then and did not harbour any improper thoughts. Taehyung nodded again and again as he listened, saying that he understood - she was just embarrassed to speak the truth.

2

The first time Taehyung visited her home, Papa Kim and Mama Kim prepared a table of delicious food.

After three rounds of wine, Papa Kim pulled Taehyung over to chat heartily about his past, talking about how he used to work in a film dubbing studio and dubbed for many old films when he was young.

Papa Kim stated the titles of several films, smacking his lips and sighing, "I really miss those times. Young people nowadays don't watch dubbed films anymore."

Taehyung stood up from his chair with a bang, stunning Jennie and Mama Kim.

Then, both of them watched as the 1.8-metres tall Taehyung hugged the other 1.8-metres tall Papa Kim, his expression ecstatic, his arms tightly wounded around the other, as though hugging his entire childhood.

3

Taehyung was very lazy in private. When he entered the house, he would take off his coat and carelessly throw it onto the sofa.

In the beginning, Jennie would help him hang it up. Later, she would always remind him. After that, even reminding him did not work anymore.

During such situations, Jennie would feint disappointment, "My image of you has been destroyed. It turns out that CEO Kim is actually this sloppy."

Due to his indescribable need to have a good image [1], Taehyung would immediately hurry over to the sofa and hang up his coat, "Your idol is perfect and without flaws."

4

Taehyung has many leather and biker clothes. It was only then that Jennie learnt that motorbikes were one of his favourite hobbies during his youth.

"Why didn't you share this on Weibo before?"

Taehyung scratched his eyebrow, "Before I went to Germany, I played with them for a few years. I once got into an accident, and till today, the scar remains on my leg. At that time, my parents ordered me never to touch motorbikes again."

The incident also left a shadow over his heart. Being at the brink of death was an awful feeling; besides, one would cravenly cling onto life and be afraid of death the older one gets.

"Turns out that you had such a style when you were younger," Jennie found it rare and novel.

Taehyung was scrolling the tablet and casually asked, "What style?"

"Rough and rebellious," When Jennie said these three words, her eyes were alluring, as if dropping a hint.

Taehyung shrugged his eyebrows and decided on the spot, "I will wear a leather jacket to work tomorrow."