chapter 10

Jennie was furious. She did not expect Taehyung to be so good at quarrelling.

Taehyung was no better. Through this argument, he found out that Jennie was very eloquent when she was angry.

One had his hands on his hips, and the other had her hands crossed, both mad. Their eyes met, and they tore their gazes away, one coldly snorting and the other scoffing.

"It's my turn to ask now," After a while, Taehyung opened his mouth.

Jennie nodded, "Sure, go ahead."

Jungkook pulled at his collar and looked a little uncomfortable, "Erm... Who was the man at your home that night?"

Jennie went, "Huh?"

Taehyung tensed his cheeks and held back the sourness in his heart as he reminded her, "During our phone call. I heard him."

He was taking things so seriously that it made Jennie nervous for a moment. When she finally recalled what happened, she closed her eyes and palmed her forehead, speechless.

She asked in reply, "Who did you think it was?" Taehyung did not answer. She had hung the call in a hurry that night. There was no other reason for that other than her being guilty.

Jennie glared at him and took her phone out from her bag, "Who could it be at my house late at night? That's my dad, idiot."

Taehyung laughed scornfully, "Do you take me as a fool? I heard his voice. He's at most thirty. That's your dad?"

Jennie did not want to continue explaining herself any longer. She made a phone call, and when the call connected, she put it on speaker, "Hello, Dad."

"Jennie, what's wrong?"

Taehyung recognised the voice. Even though he could not believe it, he had no choice but to accept that he had indeed made a fool of himself due to his pettiness.

Jennie kept a close eye on his face, watching the various expressions flashing past. She took immense pleasure in it and curved the corner of her lips, "Just wanted to ask if you're still in the recording booth? Have you eaten dinner yet?"

Papa Kim replied, "I still have a few more segments to record. I'll be eating with Xiao Wu and the rest later. Have you eaten?""I have."

Both father and daughter continued talking a little longer before Jennie hung up the phone. She crossed her arms and looked at Taehyung in a calm and composed manner, a mocking smile at the edges of her mouth.

Taehyung, that old fox (sly man) [1], schooled his expression instantly, responding with a fitting "wow" and saying, "Your father's (honorifics) voice sure is young."

Jennie explained, "My dad had been in the voice acting industry for thirty years. He takes good care of his throat. His actual voice is actually not young anymore. He used to always dub those yandere second male lead characters back then [2]."

Taehyung did not understand, "Yandere?"

"Um," Jennie put it another way, "a weak, nobleman role."

Taehyung seemed not to fully understand, "Oh."

Now that the misunderstanding was cleared, it was, instead, even more awkward between them.

However, unlike the previous grey, light green (jealous) atmosphere, there seemed to be faintly discernible pink bubbles everywhere this time. Jennie stepped on a fallen leaf on the ground and listened to it rustle.

She asked a genuine question, "Actually, one sentence could have cleared up all these misunderstandings. Why did we suffer for so long?"

Taehyung gave a long sigh, "Blame me for being old. I can't bring myself to speak out about love."