Chapter 10

Finnick P.O.V.

Johanna doesn't say anything, and I'm sweating and getting really freaked out. What if she says no? After an eternity of about 30 seconds she smiles and stands on her tiptoes to hug me "I thought you were gonna say no for a second" I say, happy and relieved. "Awh, was poor Finnick scared?" she says "Hell yeah, Finnick was scared"

We walk back over, I've got a stupid grin on my face, and Johanna's eyes are sparkling. Gale, who must have arrived when I was asking Johanna out, is kissing Katniss. I resist the urge to throw up. Annie looks totally repulsed at the PDA. "Shit" Johanna breathes out. "What's wrong" I ask "Or are you just imagining how brilliant it'll be dating me?" Does Annie's face fall slightly or is it just me? "Haha Odair, great joke" Johanna says "But look who I see"

I look over, thinking Johanna is messing with me. But she's not. It's Peeta. I don't think he's seen Gale and Katniss, whos really being weird - she'd never kiss someone in public like that.

The bell rings, and Katniss and Gale pull apart - finally. I hear Johanna breath a sigh of relief, and Annie runs her hand through her hair. Johanna hugs me and, saying she's a meeting with the principle runs off. She looks so pretty when she runs. She's so beautiful. Katniss who looks distraught now I get a look at her looks at me "So Finnick you're dating Johanna?" Annie mumbles something and runs off. Weird.

"Yeah I am" my face breaks into a grin, as Katniss and I run inside. "Glad to see you thinking of others as usual." she says snappily. "What" "Annie. How do you think she'll react to this?" "Annie? What does she have to do with it?" "Well, you two were dating, and you broke up with her" "Exactly, we're broken up." "Forget it, Finnick" she says "I'll make it simple. Break up with Johanna." What? No way. "What do you have against Johanna?" I ask slightly mad. "Nothing" she says "But Johanna can take care of herself. Annie? Not so much. You saw how she reacted when you broke up with her. So break up with Johanna" "No" "then just be prepared for Annie to break down, Finnick, Annie's not strong enough for you to go off and date someone else. Don't you get that?" "Set her up with someone then! I dont care - I love Johanna, NOT Annie!" My voice rises.

Then a teacher sticks his head out. Mr Abernathy, he teaches English I think. "Katniss Everdeen, you should be in my classroom, you're late. And Mr Odair I'm sure you have somewhere to be, instead if loitering around here and making my students late." Katniss rolls her eyes, and steps around Mr Abernathy entering the classroom. Mr Abernathy goes to follow her, but suddenly he clears his throat. Before he can say anything I say "I'm going, I'm going." But he's not looking at me. "Clove Sevina and Cato Hadley you are not meant to be having a making-out session - you are meant to be in class!"

I look over, I'm curious Cato is really popular, and Clove? Not so much. But Mr Abernathy looks pretty mad so I run to class. I'm really late. When I get there, Miss Trinket, dressed stupidly as usual, gives me detention. I'm not listening though. I want to take Johanna out somewhere on Friday maybe, and I think I'll ask Cato for tips - him and Clove were getting on pretty well. Finnick that's gross I think.

When Miss Trinket finally stops yelling at me, I sit down and think about what I'm gonna do on Friday for Johanna.