Chapter 5: The Stuck Up Famous And The Gone Familiar Part 2

Nanami Pov:

My eyes went wide with shock, Kurama was gone?!

Sure I didn't like the guy but thousands of people did and him being gone was going to cause some serious backlash in the human and yokai realms alike.

'Crap.' I mentally cursed as I forced myself up.

"Come in and explain what happened." I ordered sharply.

'And the problems just don't stop...' I menatlly sighed.

-2 Days Later-

Sora Pov:

I flopped back into Kuruma's bed sheets, inhaling his comforting scent as I did so. His natural cinnamon and green apple scent wrapped around me leaving his ocean breeze lotion enveloping me with every breath I took.

It had been two days since my brother had gone missing, and during those two days I'd avoided all life besides Nanami and Tomoe. I spent my time in my brother's room inhaling his scent while dressed in skimpy shorts and a random tank top for comfort.

White paper stacks stood on each side of his room but I couldn't bring myself to sign anymore. That damned paperwork not only multiplied everytime I turned away, but it wasn't really anything that was particularly important.

I mean it was just a treaty here, a problem there, children adoption papers everywhere and a bunch of other things that really didn't need my seal of approval to get done.

Infact most of those things were papers that a leader should sign, not a goddess, and yet here I was drowning in neat handwriting.

"What I wouldn't give for Nanami just to come by and say that she got a lead." I mumbled as the top of my pen found itself in my mouth between my front teeth.

I nibbled on the pen and fell back into the pillows that faintly held my brothers scent.

'The sea, cologne, and a hint of cinnamon to tickle your senses...'

I stared at the ceiling and slowly I took the pen from my mouth fully aware that I'd be asleep in a moment.

Then a knock sounded.

I jumped from the bed and ran to the door to swing it open ungracefully.

Recognizing Tomoe, I grabbed his arm and yanked him in. But something was off....

"Tomoe, where's your head?"

A muffled reply.

I looked around him. "Where is it?"

Another reply, but this time I understood.

"Where it belongs...."

I looked at his head, it was where it was meant to be.

"Lady Sora, are you getting enough sleep?"

"No....I've been worried about Kuruma, eating and sleeping aren't my concerns right now."

He sighed. "My lady, while its good to worry, it's not good to hurt yourself. If you continue like this finding your brother will take longer than nessaccary."

I huffed. "I know. But worry is worry and right now, I'm like a mother without her child. I spent ten years worrying about him and now he's gone again. I mean atleast I had some kind vague idea of how he was, I mean he left me a note saying that it was his own choice. Now, I don't even know where he is because he was kidnapped!"

I threw my hands to the ceiling and began to stalk back to the bedroom knowing that Tomoe would follow.

"Ignore the piles of paperwork." I sighed as I sat on a clear spot on the bed. "So what are you here for? I know that it wasn't just to stick your head in to check on me. Surely a familiar such as yourself has his hands filled with his God."

"We've found a lead."

Had I been drinking or eating something it would've spilled all over me as I ran up to Tomoe and hugged him. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Gently he pushed me away and his expression put the fire in my glee out. "What?" I questioned feeling worried again. "What's wrong? Where is he?"

"....He's locked up in Talia. Apparently the God of realms has a daughter who's interested in him. She refuse to let him go until they're wed."

I swallowed as I felt my fists clench. "...I'm going to get him."

I heard Tomoe sigh. "I want to tell you how dangerous the trip is and how it's smarter to let him be, but I can see that you won't listen."

"I wouldn't even if you told me that the trip could strip me of my powers."

"....There's a ninety-eight percent chance that you will if you go."

I looked Tomoe in the eyes, and without hesitation I answered. "I don't care. Kuruma is my brother and I won't lose him again. I refuse. So whatever the cost, be it my powers or my life. I'll give it all away if it means that he's safe."

"When do you plan to leave?" Tomoe asked after a moment.

"When's the wedding?"

"In four days, regardless of Kuruma's decision."

"Then I'll leave tomorrow."