ELEVEN

episode three;
DEAD MEN'S SECRETS

episode three;DEAD MEN'S SECRETS

HONORA FELL ONTO her bed, arms sprawled out beside her head. She stared at the world map she'd pinned to her ceiling, eyes tracing the outskirts of the land masses. She longed to visit them all someday. However, she was but a woman, in a tiny colony, in the middle of a developing country. Everyone told her it was impossible, especially her father. That only made her want to travel more.

She moved her arms so they were resting above her stomach. Her fingers tapped a beat against her corset. She wondered where Jack was, if he was getting into trouble again. She wondered if he had anything to do with the disappearance of the money. She rolled over, so her elbows were digging into the mattress. Was Charlie okay? Had the acid she'd sprayed his leg with really worked? Her eyes fell. Would he survive?

One thing she hated about her family was their complete ignorance of privacy. Whenever someone wanted the woman, they would simply barge through the door instead of knocking and waiting for a sign to go through. And while she loved them all dearly, that was why she preferred to continue her studies at the hospital rather than within the confines of her bedroom. At least she knew that there she wouldn't be disrupted by anything but a knock.

Her older sister opted to throw the door open with her hip while her hands fiddled with the pin in her hair. She walked through the doorway, hissing as one of the comb's teeth hooked around a tangled knot in her curly hair. Honora pushed herself up and spun around on her bed cover with a raised brow. Winona didn't meet her eye until she'd pulled the comb out of her hair entirely.

"Phew, much better," she smiled to herself as she began picking the loose hair still caught in the comb out. Honora furrowed her brows, trying to push away her disgust as she watched the dark curl unravel.

"I hope you aren't going to put that on my floor."

Winona scoffed. "I'm not that rude," she smirked as walked over to the bin hidden beneath Honora's desk. She didn't look, simply dropping the few pieces of tangled hair in amongst the plethora of scrunched up papers. She missed.