Chapter 1: Over and over again

U.S.A 🇺🇸
Washington DC

"28...29...30," John stated as he finished 30 push-ups and got to his feet. After finishing, he moved to the bathroom and took a shower.

John left his house, got into his car, and went to a restaurant for breakfast. He placed an order for a sandwich and coffee. A woman and her baby entered the restaurant as he was waiting for his breakfast, and as soon as she passed him, the baby's toy dropped on the ground not far from him. With haste, he grabbed the toy and pursued the woman.

"Ma'am," he said and she turned, "Your baby dropped her toy," he said and stretched it to the baby, "Here you go sweetie," he said and the mother smiled at John. After the baby collected the toy, he looked at the mother with a smile on his face,

He remarked, "What a cute baby,"

"Thank you, sir, it's actually a boy," she said and continued grinning broadly at him.

He responded, "Oh, don't blame me, I don't have a baby," to which they both chuckled.

"I'm sure you'll find a woman to love and someday she'll give you a child,"

"Of course, thanks,"

"You're welcome, and thanks for helping,"

"Of course," he said and walked back to his seat, immediately he sat down, the waiter walked to him with his breakfast. She dropped it on his table and walked away.

John glanced at the coffee for a short while, then he picked it up and sipped a little.

After breakfast, John went back home, then he watched TV all day and when it was night he went to bed.

The next day, the same thing happened, he went to have breakfast, come home, watch TV all day and sleep at night. This has always been his schedule since he's jobless, yet he is very rich because his best friend is the president of the United States, the day his friend became the president, he gave him a million dollars, and that was more than enough for him since he lived alone and didn't have a wife or a girlfriend.

Ever since his best friend became the president, he has always been so busy with work that he hadn't even had the time to talk to him, each time John calls, his PA either picks up the call or no one answers, which sometimes piss him off because he's supposed to have a different number where his friends and family could reach him, It's like his best friend already forgot about him.