21. Ashi's birthday (part 2)

Ashi 's pov:

My sleep was disturbed from the knock on my door. Getting up from the bed I went towards the door and there stood my family with a cake and suddenly viv twisted the popper and they wished in unison " Happy birthday" . I was so overwhelmed by their gesture that I didn't realise when they entered the room and I was standing at the same place realising what happened seconds ago. Did they really came here to celebrate my birthday? Suddenly someone patted my shoulder and I looked above to see viv standing there " bhabhs we are here for you. Now come na let's cut the cake I want to eat it." He said and dragged me towards the bed where mom had kept it on a table. After a while of cake cutting and our little celebration they were about to go when I tightly hugged maa and cried my heart out. Maa let me cry while caressing my head and giving a small kiss on my head " bas bache ab birthday ke din kon rota hai. Chup ho ja chal meri beti rote hue achi nahi lagti." She said wiping my tears.with a last kiss on my forehead and everyone wishing me good night they left. But the word that stuck in my mind was 'meri beti' . The word that I was longing to hear all this year she said without any doubt. She always cared for me like one but hearing from her today made my heart flutter.

For the first time in my entire life my birthday started as a happy one and I knew they will make the best one. With a smile on my face I drifted off to sleep.

Next morning I woke up with continuous ringing of my alarm. Groaning I woke up from the bed and after brushing my teeth I went down.

Going downstairs I went towards maa pappa and touched their feet and in return they gave me blessings and again wished me.

Soon viv came down and we sat on our chairs for breakfast. For breakfast mom made it healthy, but included all my favourite items like French toast, pancakes, omelette and orange juice.While we were having breakfast with small talks in between mom said "ye khake ready ho jao tum dono mahadev ji ke mandir mein hawan rakha hai ashi ke birthday ke liye." With this we completed our breakfast and went towards our room to get ready.

After taking a shower I went to the closet to choose something to wear. Finally After messing everything I decided to wear a red saree which mom had given me months back.

Ashi's look☝️

Ashi's look☝️

After wearing the saree and getting ready I went downstairs where everyone were already waiting for me.

Mom noticed my presence first and coming towards me she said "hayee kisi ki Nazar na laage meri bachi ko" with this she applied kajal behind my ears.

Soon we all reached the temple and gave Panditji the offerings which we bought with us. Soon the hawan started and I did everything Panditji told me to and with this the havan ended.

After taking blessings from mahadev I thought we were going home but instead they took me to a orphanage where I gave everyone the gifts that maa and pappa already bought and then spend some time with them.