Chapter 3

"Speaking normally."

'Anya hear this.'

"Anya can't hear this."

"Rasengan!"

Fox X Family

It had been two days ever since the rescue mission and the confrontation with the Thorn Princess. Naruto had to knock the heiress of Yotsuba on the head to make sure she forgot whatever they were talking about since the girl might compromise their situation and their 'marriage' if it was known to the Yotsuba group.

Fox then gave Yotsuba Maya to another squad that had been prepared by Oswald to deliver the heiress to their clan and sure enough, the family wasn't happy knowing that Naruto had knocked her out. Yotsuba Ayame wanted Fox to take responsibility by marrying her which was kind of bizarre since she just lost her fiance from the Saegusa clan.

Oswald explained to the group that Maya was being too noisy for Fox's liking and the agent had no choice but to knock her out since he preferred silence while doing his mission. Yotsuba Genzou, the current leader of the Yotsuba group, was very understanding since he knew very well how Maya could act and it wouldn't suit Agent Fox's preference.

After that, any charges were dropped, and Naruto was let free.

Currently, our blonde agent was in an orphanage and he had to say, the condition of the place was worse than his own back in Konoha but at least the caretaker was much better albeit drunk. Naruto had told the caretaker that he wanted a child who can already write and read, therefore he just needed to follow him.

''At least they're properly taken care of...' Naruto thought to himself as he followed the caretaker. '...I can just use my Shadow Clone and have it transform into a small girl and infiltrate the academy! I don't need to adopt a kid!'

Naruto was about to tell the caretaker that he had a change of mind but he was reminded of his talk with Oswald days ago when he received the mission.

FLASHBACK

"What do you mean I have to procure a family, old man? You know I can just use my clones to disguise themselves as my wife and child!" Complained the Uzumaki as he slammed the table.

"Yes, you can but that's not what I want you to do, Naruto." The old man sighed exasperatedly with the age seemingly to catch up with him. "Let me ask you. Who will your clone disguise as?"

"Simple, I can have them disguise themselves as either Sayuri–"

"That's the problem!" It was Oswald's turn to slam his fist on the table, causing Naruto to flinch. After all, it was rare to see the kind-hearted old man get mad at him. "It has been more than 10 years since I found you floating in the ocean while I was fishing! You're still trapped in your past! You can't keep doing this to yourself!"

Oswald let out a heavy sigh as Naruto fell back to his seat.

"I know you lost your loved ones, friends, teachers and families back in your world... I know guilt is eating you up from the inside, but I want you to live your life. Hell, I'm sure that your lovers want you to move on and forgive yourself. I've been there, Naruto. Though I didn't lose the whole population like you did, I lost my loved ones too...that's why I chose this operation for you."

Oswald sipped his drink before calming himself.

"Twilight was initially our first choice since he's used to fake his identities but I decided to give this to you instead...hoping that somehow you can forge a bond with the woman and child of your choosing..."