Chapter 4: Taken a Liking

You and Rias have arrived at a forest.

"What did you need help with?"

Rias: "You see this strange barrier?"

You didn't see anything until you focused and tilted your head to the side, revealing strange red cracks in reality.

Rias: "I can walk past this and enter the forests, but I can't seem to enter the barrier and see what it's for. It's only when I try to use my magic that it has a physical presence."

You walked up to the barrier and summoned your Crown of Dominion. You touched the barrier, creating an opening for yourself along with Rias.

Rias: "Impressive. Now let's see if this barrier is meant to keep people out or keep something in."

You and Rias went through the opening and see several rectangular crystals are floating on, or above, the ground.

Rias: "What is this place? I've never seen anything like it."

"This is just like the Astral Plane," you thought. "Is this area connected to it?"

You and Rias eventually came across a floating structure and a set of stairs form from the shards floating around it.

Rias: "I feel like this place isn't exactly magic."

"I think it's more like this place is defying reality."

Rias: "Or possibly both. It's possible."

You and Rias enter the structure and saw two pedestals that have energy wrapped around them like wires. You walked up to them and sensed that they are meant for you.

Rias: "Y/N, what are you doing?"

"I think this thing is meant for me. Let me try."

You put your hands on the pedestals and locked them in place. Crystals appear and strange cable-like devices emerged from them.