Chapter 6: Connection

You are in the forest connected to the Astral Plane, training your powers. You discovered that the cubes you formed can copy what properties of whatever it comes in contact with.

You put a cross your took from an exorcist into the cube and felt it copying its holy properties.

"So, this can absorb what it comes in contact with?" you asked yourself. "I wonder what else I can do."

You removed the cross from the cube and hid it in a tree, causing the cube to separate and form into multiple blades. You moved the blades around, leaving yourself amazed at how flexible your powers are.

You then sensed Rias outside the forest and exited the area.

Rias: "Y/N, what were you doing in there?"

"I wanted to see if there was anything else, but I was wrong. How is preparing for that Rating Game thing?"

Rias: "The training has been going well. Issei has been trying his hardest to get stronger, but I fear it may still not be enough."

You looked at Rias with concern and summoned a cube that expanded and formed a gateway to a beach at night.

"Perhaps a nice change of scenery under the moonlight might help. It obviously won't make everything better, but a little privacy might work a bit."

Rias: "Sure."

You and Rias stepped through and enjoyed the fresh breeze of their new scenery.

Rias: "Thanks, though this is just a moment of solace for me."

"What's up?"

Rias: "The Devils we are facing against is Riser of the House of Phoenix. He's undefeatable for good reason. He is immortal."

"Any attack that gets to him, he just shrugs it off?"

Rias: "Yes, and he is also my fiancé."

"Your fiancé? I can already tell that the guy is arrogant and abusive."