Chapter 1: The Blue Eyed One

Hello lovely people..
First time writing an ABO story..so please excuse any mistakes i make🙂

—-

Bathed in the silver moonlight filtering through the trees deep within the woods.. near the famous Stormheart Packland borders, the annual Pack Bonfire commenced..a cherished tradition for the pack members, the bearers of a great legacy. It was a celebration of the pack that produced the best warriors that once saved the northern kingdom from destruction during the era of the great warrior

Draped in fur to protect their human forms from the chilling weather and radiating primal energy, the pack members gathered around the fire, paying homage to their age-old connnection and embracing the enchanting moonlit night.

Gathered around the crackling flames, the elders shared tales of the past with pups and young wolves, recounting a time when monarchies ruled and packs faced challenges together. The world had evolved a lot in the last decades..where borders mattered less..and life took them far from pack grounds in search of new opportunities. But the commitment to preserving traditions remained strong, particularly in the hearts of pack leaders and their descendants.

Amidst the laughter and chatter that filled the air, Alpha Taehyung chose a solitary spot away from the crowd, quietly observing the assembled pack members. It had been a year since he last saw many of them, and with a significant number of members living outside the pack lands, the bonfire was the sole occasion that brought them back together.

His eyes wandered everywhere; he knew he is the future leader of all these people in front of him, and he probably should get out there and mingle like he was expected to. He saw other alphas socialising, some of them have their mates and pups clinging on to them, while even the unmated ones had their partners with them. He let outa deep sigh and looked around..his eyes fell on some omegas and betas who were present..some casting occasional longing glances in his direction.

Taehyung quickly shifted his gaze away from them, choosing to down the drink in his hands in one swift gulp.

"Whoa there, Tae! Is that straight whiskey?" Jimin, his best friend, and the beta approached with concern, noticing the amount of alcohol the alpha was consuming.

"It's whatever!" Taehyung shrugged and slammed the glass onto the bench where he sat.

Jimin nodded understandingly and took a seat beside him, sensing his best friend's inner turmoil. He understood Taehyung more than anyone else, even more than his own family. They had grown up together since they were kids, forming a bond that went beyond friendship – more like brothers or, as Jimin called them, 'Platonic Soulmates'!!

Jimin had chosen to stay with Taehyung and his family, rejecting what might have been a supposedly better life with his own parents who left the pack when he was still a pup. The strong bond between them kept Jimin from imagining a life apart from Taehyung, and this connection had only grown stronger since childhood. And over the years, Taehyung's family had come to regard Jimin as nothing less than a son.

"Is it about not finding a mate again? Did your dad say something?" Jimin asked, rubbing Taehyung's back, well aware that his best friend had been under scrutiny for still being single and was feeling the heat from his father and pack elders.

Taehyung stayed silent and looked at the empty glass he was holding, shaking his head, burdened by the weight of his responsibilities.

Taehyung was the youngest son of the current pack leader DaeHo and a rare-born true-blood alpha. He and his brother were regarded as miracle children, born from the rare occurrence of an alpha female pregnancy. Both brothers stood out for their exceptional talents and beauty since childhood. While Taehyung, as the alpha and strongest fighter, was groomed to become the future pack leader, his elder brother, an omega, found his calling in a singing career and lived a peaceful life with his husband and pups, away from the responsibilities and burdens of the ruling family.