Chapter 16: The Laws of Attraction

Anyone still reading this?

"Are those new flowers? I didn't see them when I came back" Jungkook asked as he woke up in the afternoon after returning from his trip. He noticed Yoongi sitting on the balcony, quietly reading, and saw some snowdrops on the coffee table..which he hadn't seen before.

Yoongi looked up from the thick book Taehyung had recommended. His grip on the book tightened as he remembered the great night he had with Taehyung. "Ahh... Taehyung ssi gave them to me" Yoongi said, not wanting to lie to Jungkook again.

"He did? Why?"

"We talked in the library about some things and I may have mentioned that I like snow and the cold. He said these flowers grow even in the snow. I guess it was just a kind gesture."

"Oh, that's nice of him," Jungkook smiled, feeling a bit more relaxed.

"Sorry about ruining your nest" Jungkook said, glancing at the bed. He had only come back that morning, tired, and slept in the bed beside Yoongi as he didn't have the energy to change the sheets and pillows there or wake Yoongi up.

"It's okay. We need to get used to all this anyway. When do you have to leave again?" Yoongi asked as he got up from his seat.

Jungkook yawned. "In two days. It's so freaking boring. I wish we could go back home soon. So, what did you do while I was away?"

"Library..and Jin-hyung's pups came by. I helped them with homework. They are very sweet. The youngest pup, Kai, is the cutest. He smiles a lot. I guess he likes me."

"That's cute... at least you had a fun time," Jungkook pouted slightly, feeling a bit envious of Yoongi's pleasant activities.

Yoongi gave him a knowing smile, understanding how much Jungkook hated attending all these diplomatic meetings. "They are cute!!Jin-hyung is so heavily pregnant already. He said the triplets are making everything difficult..but Hoseok-ssi is a great alpha to him. He is always there, attending to him..it's nice" Yoongi said, remembering how Hoseok was massaging Jin's swollen ankles during their evening tea.

"Must be nice to be with a fated mate, isn't it?" Jungkook sighed, seeing the smile on Yoongi's face.

Yoongi gulped, feeling his throat tighten. Only if Jungkook knew the truth. He just nodded in response. "You must be hungry, right? Go freshen up. I'll arrange for some food," he quickly said, trying to divert the topic.

"Thanks!!" Jungkook smiled and nodded

"Oh, hyung!" The omega stopped and turned before heading out of the room. "So, Uncle Daeho asked Taehyung-ssi to take us to his gallery to see the paintings. Do you want to go today? He said he can give us a tour this evening."

"Really? Do you want to go?" Jungkook asked

The omega nodded shyly, liking the idea of exploring the art and also maybe spending some time with Taehyung."Oh! But it's okay if you have to rest. I understand!!" Yoongi said, not wanting to burden Jungkook.

"Ah, it's okay. We will go..I dragged you here promising a break from everything. Let's go. It will be fun," Jungkook said, smiling warmly. "Besides, it's something different from the usual routine."

Yoongi's face brightened, and he nodded in agreement.

Later that evening

"So, Lee Sung utilizes a unique approach to negative space. He has intentionally left portions of the canvas blank to create a sense of void. You see this?" Taehyung pointed at the canvas and continued " It draws our attention to the form and context of the subject " he explained passionately,his eyes glued to the canvas.