Prologue

Wind blew my hair to the front of my body and away from my neck as I stared out to the crystal like shine that spread itself over the lake from the setting sun.

"Grandma! Can we have some of your chwoc chip cookies?" My grandson Jake called out to me, as he ran with his twin sister Layla. 

"Of course you can, my little lovebug." I laughed as I held both of their hands to walk into my log cabin home, I shared with the love of my life, completely hand built by us both. We walked hand in hand to the kitchen, their little feet pattering against the wooden floors. 

"Make sure you say hello to grandpa." I told them both as I stood on the stepping stool to reach the top of the food cabinet. I hear the little footsteps run into the living room and tiny squeals followed soon after.

"You spoil them too much, mum" My daughter Emma walked in as she sat at the kitchen stool, as her husband Xander chuckled next to her.

"No I do not. Would you just let me love my grandchildren." I giggled as I placed the cookies on a plate, and began warming up some milk.

"No you spoil them, Addy." My beloved announced as he walked in, our two grandchildren dangling from his hips.

"Come on you two, let grandpa walk." Xander said as he picked up Layla from Jared's side, and heading into the living room, Jake hot on his tail, followed by my beautiful daughter. 

"Another year going. 80 years almost my darling." Jared cooed at me as he pushed a strand of my now silvered hair back behind my ear, with his now wrinkled hand. "80 of the most amazing years of my life, with the love of my life."