[ SEVEN ]

Trigger Warning: Suicidal Attempt & ED Mention

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks since I was last at school. Two weeks since I left my bedroom. Since I watched the guy I began to like and my friend transform into...wolves. And two weeks since I've seen...Jared. 

Jared ran away and no body has been able to locate him. Well, that's what I thought. Despite the injuries I had gained from Kim... I now had healing claw marks. I felt ugly. After Jared ran away, I was no longer in shock and the pain set in. It was the worst burning sensation in the world. Paul and Sam lifted me up and rushed me inside, when Dr. Cullen had arrived to check me over. Embry sat in the corner of the living room, fingers in his mouth stressed out. Paul holding my head in his lap as I screamed from the alcohol being poured over the wounds. Emily reassuring me. 

Sam had filled me in on everything I needed to know about shapeshifters of our tribe, and the treaty, along with the Cullen's being vampires, which made me extremely uncomfortable at first with Dr. Cullen after learning about what he was. But I've grown to like him. And Sam also filled me in on... imprinting. Which is where I then learnt the day I had fallen on top of Jared... was the day he had imprinted on me. At first I cried... a lot. I thought it meant that his feelings for me weren't real and he had to like me. But then I learnt what it truly meant... we're meant to be together. But I came to the decision... I'm not ready to go down that path with him, yet. Not with Kim and after what I witnessed. Paul had tried to talk to me and tell me otherwise, that he was saving the seat for me and she was trying to squirm her way back to him. That Jared was pushing her away and asking what she had done to me. I just didn't really know how to accept it though. 

I haven't left my room at all, only to use the bathroom and shower. Apart from that, I stayed inside. Emily stopping over to see me. I didn't talk to my sister or my twin brother - I mean how could I? Leah was beyond furious to see the state I came home in. My mum and dad continued to try and get me to come out but I refused. Sam and Paul tried visiting but I shut the door on their faces every time. And Embry... well. He was trying to keep up with what was going on, having being a new wolf and all. And he tried keeping me company after school too and bringing me my school work and a coffee when he could. Even brought me a book he found in his room that he didn't even realise he had. He has been a total sweetheart. He's had to stop talking to our friends and is hanging out with Paul. Apparently, he's beyond worried about Jared. 

A small knock sounded on my door and it opened revealing my mum. "Hey sweetheart." She smiled, closing my door and coming over to me on my bed. I smiled at her from the book Embry gave me. "We're having a cookout here tonight." She said slowly.

"Okay. Have fun." I smiled glumly. She sighed next to me and looked to her hands. 

"Addy. Will you come down and join us?" She asked hopeful. I looked at her blankly and didn't know what to say. I sighed, and stood up and sat at the vanity in my room, lifting up the sheet over my mirror. I covered it once I started to see it heal, and leaving a scar. Actually, I covered all mirrors I walked passed. I refused to look at myself like this. I locked eyes with myself for the first time in a week, my eyes filling with tears. I shook my head and put it back down, pulling up the hoodie of my jumper and climbing back into bed, turning to face the opposite direction.

I heard my mother sigh, feeling the weight on the bed shift, my door closing. 

I hadn't moved from my position, until I heard laughing and smelt the familiar smell of fire burning outside. I slowly stood up and opened the curtain a little and peeking outside. I spotted everyone from Paul to Old Quil. Everyone was out there. Well everyone apart from... Jared. I saw Quil, Seth and Jacob off to the side talking and glaring at Paul and Embry. While my sister stood with my mother and father away from Emily and Sam. I rolled my eyes, realising what I hadn't before. It all made sense to me now though, the animosity between Sam, my cousin and my sister. Sam told me the whole story of him imprinting on Emily but he still loved my sister dearly, but he knew it wasn't right to carry on the relationship. he also tried reassuring me that basically what is happening to Jared and I is what happened to him and Emily... hence her scars. I don't know what to think anymore. But I missed my family. I slowly let my hair down to cover the scars on my neck and lifted my hood up, tucking my hands into the pockets. But just as I opened my door I locked eyes with Embry.