[ ELEVEN ]

"Addy. Are you ready to go?" Emily yelled up from the bottom of the stairs to me. I looked myself in the mirror one more time before sighing. 

"Yes." I called. I looked at myself again. "Just get today over with... " I whispered. I finished off straightening out my woollen dress over my black dotted tights to sit correctly. I had paired with a pair of black heels with a silver heel. It was a slightly chilly day as rain was coming in, so the dress was perfect. I let my hair fall over my shoulders with my makeup done a natural amount.

I headed downstairs and met with everyone outside as we climbed into the cars with enough space

I headed downstairs and met with everyone outside as we climbed into the cars with enough space. "You look beautiful." Jared whispered to me. I looked at him with a small smile.

"And you look very handsome."

**

"I would like to ask Miss Aden Clearwater to perform the eulogy." I stood up from my seat next to my mother and Seth, as I looked at my father in his open casket. He looked so handsome. But so lifeless. it was silent... too silent. Only thing you could hear was my shaky breath slightly through the microphone. 

"Thank you everyone for being here today." I started quietly. I looked up from my paper to meet eyes with Jared. His comforting gaze giving me some warmth. I smiled at him slightly before continuing. "My father was  humble man. A man of his word and a man of his terrible jokes." Everyone laughed around me. "The day of his... passing, my father showed me nothing but love. He made me swear to him to get a prom dress that would knock a certain someone off their feet." Again, laughter. A small wink shot from Jared as I smiled to him. "He was my own hype man, especially when it came to his support of my reading and fantasy worlds. He was a brave man that love everyone in his life, his family being the number one in his life. I used to watch him with my mother, and I wished for nothing more than for the love he expressed to her. But as I got older, I realised that love he gave my mother, although in a different way, he gave to us. He showed me how to grow up independent. He was my hero. My inspiration..." I took a deep break. The tears forming in my eyes."

 "I remember as a little girl, Seth and I got into a huge fight. Our parents separated us for the whole day because we had both tripped one another and we both broke our pointer fingers on our left hands. Twin coincidences apparently. My dad took me to go get ice cream after we go splints done. My mum took Seth wherever they went. While we were there he made me promise to never let a boy hurt me or treat me with disrespect." I laughed. "I was 7 so that didn't mean much then. After ice-cream we went to the park where he played with me on that massive rope playground, racing me to the top and back down and chasing me around. He caught me unfortunately, but he called me his fearless little spider monkey from how fast I could climb around. That was the day he also told me why he named me Aden. Little fire. My attitude and my fearless attitude. I was his little fire." Tears fell slowly. "He gave me the love of animals, showing me the animals around us, every chance he got. That day, he took me to La Push Beach, where we watched the whales migrating and singing their way out. We then played with the soccer ball and he taught me multiple trick shots. I soon forgot what Seth and I were even fighting about and missed my twin, and wanted him to join. And my father knew me well enough to know that. Soon, my mother, Leah and Seth joined us. It was one of my favourite memories."