[ EIGHT ]

ATTENTION: Trigger Warning

Beep

Beep

Beep

What is that? I thought to myself

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting at the bright lights around me. I allowed them to adjust, before realising I was in the hospital. Then it all came flooding back to me. The texts, Jared, the voices... I overdosed... oh no. How could I be so selfish? My family were all outside?

I was distracted by my thoughts by snores coming from next to me, and realised a pressure on my hand. I looked over to my left, to see a sleeping Jared. Head down on my bed, chair pushed as close as possible as he held onto my hand. I was still mad at him, yes. But it felt right. A small knock sounded on my door, my mum walking in with a small smile.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Hi." I returned.

"How are you feeling?" My mother looked like she hadn't slept in days. Her face was pale, unusual for her russet skin tone. Bags layered under her eyes.

"I feel okay. Slight headache. And tired." I sighed, leaning my head back.

"Yeah, the nurse said that you might." She sighed.

"How long have I been here?" I asked.

"A day and a half. They sedated you so you could get some rest. They pumped your stomach as soon as you came in and did some scans to make sure you were okay internally." My mum whispered her voice cracking. "He hasn't left your side since we were given the okay to come and see you." She smiled as Jared let out another snore.

"Really?" I asked, really shocked.

My mum shook her head, "Nope. He's sat in that chair, at that distance." I looked down at him sighing and shaking my head. Oh Jare. "He found you, you know?" She whispered that part.

I looked over at her, eyes wide. "He went in to give you dinner, because he refused to let you go back to... anyway. He saw you weren't there and your phone got a message and said he only read it because he saw his ex girlfriends name and that's when he freaked out and saw the bathroom light on. Bashed the door down with his body, carried you and held you till he had to let you go here."

"I'm really sorry, mummy." I sobbed. "I really am sorry. I didn't know what I was doing and-"

"Hey hey." She cooed as she came over and hugged me, rubbing small circles on my back. But our moment was ended when the door opened, revealing a nurse.

"You're awake." She smiled sweetly. I nodded my head, grabbing the tissue my mum offered, wiping my eyes and nose. "How do you feel?"

"A bit sore in the head otherwise just tired." I sighed. The nurse nodded her head as she took my blood pressure.