51-60

Chapter 51: The Rebellious and Scumbag Apprentice (7) Catching the Demon Master

In the end, Yan Qing'an couldn't help but explain to the soldier that he and his grandmother came to the city to seek medical treatment. The old man was seriously ill and couldn't afford to delay, otherwise he wouldn't have come to the city so early in the morning.

With his efforts to turn the tide, and the sleepiness of the early morning shift, the soldier let the two people in without much thought.

After entering the city, they put the ox cart aside and prepared to explore the recent strange events in this rural city on foot.

Like most ancient towns, the streets within this city gate are planned in a square shape, and all areas are packed into this small square grid. It is about dozens of kilometers long from the city gate in the north to the south.

Unexpectedly, this rural town was quite large, which undoubtedly increased their search tasks.

So He Heng suggested that the two of them could act separately, which would be more efficient.

Yan Qing'an had no objection to the separate outfits, but when he glanced at the other party's big ears and tail hidden under the black hat, he still felt a little worried.

He Heng's outfit looks suspicious now. Is it really okay to let him go alone?

Thinking of this, he asked with some persistence, "Are you okay with this?"

"What's the problem?" He Heng himself didn't seem to care. If someone mistakenly thought he was a monster, he wouldn't be able to run away. Wouldn't those people be able to catch up with the flying speed of his sword?

"Besides, Master, don't you have this bracelet?"

Having said this, he lifted up his sleeves again, revealing the bracelet inlaid with special spells that Nie Zongqian asked him to wear, "You can sense through this thing If my position and internal energy fluctuate, if something really happens, you can just come to me."

"Okay." Yan Qing'an thought about it for a while and felt satisfied, then nodded in agreement.

Unexpectedly, although sometimes He Heng's actions were not related to the word "calm", every time he heard the other party's solemn promise, Yan Qing'an's inner reaction was to believe him.

After reaching an agreement, the two of them walked in the north and south directions using the town square as the boundary.

He Heng chose to walk south alone. He found that there were mostly rice shops, butcher shops, breakfast shops, taverns and other shops full of life.

At this time, just after midnight, breakfast stalls were gradually opened on the street. Smoke was rising along both sides of the road. The breakfast chef was rolling out the noodles and shouting loudly to the passers-by. At first glance, this scene seemed strange. Warm and everyday, as if it were no different from an ordinary town.

Seeing that the bags that had just come out of the basket looked good and exuded an alluring fragrance, He Heng thought that he hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so he planned to buy two for breakfast, so that he could cheat the boss.

After paying the money,

He Heng took a bite of the meat buns and vaguely mentioned to the breakfast shop owner that the town's city defense had been very strict recently. Following the question, He Heng asked if there had been some unrest in recent days. People said there seemed to be monsters. Are these rumors true?