High For This

Two years ago a murder happened and was covered up as suicide. Only three people know what happened that day. Jackson O'grady, the witness lady, and Jamie Torres. What's this book about? He and his journey to a fresh start in a new city. He has gotten an internship at the Valdrogen company. One of the most important companies in the area. What he doesn't know is that family is twisted and full of secrets. With a connection to his past that he no longer wants to remember.

The story I'm about to tell you is a story of romance, sex, and money. Something a lot of us desire and love. You won't know who I am in the story or the next. What you should know is I'm everywhere. I see everything and know everyone. Gossip Girl has nothing on me.

High For This

Chapter 1

Jamie is on his way in a taxi to his first day of work. He has fifteen minutes to arrive or he will be late. There is a lot of traffic and it looks like it's not moving. He is in a dilemma to walk or wait till the cars move.

This is an opportunity Jamie will never get ever again. I have faith that he will make the right decision. " Hey man, here is what I owe you. I'm running to work." See, I told you he would make the right choice. Everyone stuck in traffic turned their heads to him. Some probably thought he was crazy, and others thought about doing it too.

Jamie ran and ran blocks in his expensive suit and shoes. He wasted big money on both. " Hey kid, get in." A cab driver shouted to him to get inside his car, out of nowhere. Jamie looked at his watch and saw he only had five minutes left. He ran inside the back of the cab.

The cab driver drove recklessly through all the traffic but he made it in time. " Thank you, so much here you go." Jamie gave him a little more of what they charge. " Good luck, kid." He shouted to him as Jamie fixed his tie before going in.

Finally, the revolving door had stopped and he could go in. Jamie gasped but got back to reality quickly. A short girl walked to him with a big smile. " Mr.Valdrogen office, please." He told the short girl with dorky glasses and brownish hair. " Take the first elevator and it should take you directly to it.

Her name tag says Alice, she is the number one secretary of the company. You will know

more about her in a bit. First, you need to meet someone. " Mr. Valdrogen?" asked Jamie before stepping into the office. Who can blame him it was kind of dark. Too dark for any business office.

" Come in and take a seat." A voice said in the dark. " My father will be with you in a second." The guy opened the curtains and walked up to Jamie. " Cooper Valdrogen and you have to be Jamie." Oh yes, the person I wanted you to meet. The gorgeous but evil son of Mr. Archer Valdrogen. He is someone you shouldn't fall in love with.

Jamie nodded and began to sweat more. Who wouldn't with Cooper sitting this close to you? He is beautiful, his perfect curly brown pulled back, those huge green eyes, huge lips, and perfect jaw. Yes, it sounds like I'm exaggerating but you have no clue. He is that perfect, Cooper Valdrogen is a devil disguised as an Angel.

" Hello, who is this?" Speak of the Devil. Here comes Mr.Valdrogen fixing his cuffs from his expensive white button shirt. " He is the new intern, Jamie Torres," Cooper answered removing himself from the top of the corner of the desk. Jamie fixed his posture and seated more professionally up.

Cooper walked out and Mr.Valdrogen took a seat in his desk chair. " Well, hopefully, my son didn't scare you. He tends to pretend he is the boss. Don't get me wrong he is close to being it but not yet." Cooper is his proudest son and he let everyone know that.