Prologue

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Draco! Get up!" I said eagerly as I shook him from under his deep emerald covers.

"What do you want?" He said groggily.

"Uhm, hello? Do you not hear the owls?" I practically shrieked.

"Our letters? From Hogwarts?" He says quickly, as he jolts up from his bed.

His shiny, platinum blonde hair bounces in place as he resituated. His beautiful blue eyes sparkled in the deep, soft, morning light that was streaking through our glistening windows. I had opened the shades moments before, hoping it would give me a boost in waking him up.

"Yes!" I said as I rushed towards my dresser. I grabbed his owl and passed him to my brother. I untied the letter with a red stamp sealing it, and untied it from my owl's leg.

"Hey Claire," I said softly. Claire was the French version of Clara, which I seriously considered naming her. Claire means "clear," and "bright." I thought it was a beautiful name for my golden brown owl, with little specks of pure white. Her honey brown eyes gave her a soft expression all the time, making her so likable.

                                                                                      Maybe this?

                                                                                      Maybe this?

She hooted appreciatively, and flew to her beautiful branch in my room. Due to my family being so rich, instead of a cage for our owls, me and Draco each had fake branches from a tree growing from our wall. Mine had beautiful flowers growing from it, and some vines flowing down. Draco's had dark, forest green leaves, and a dark brown trunk as the base. It had some red specks to it, too.

She ate the food I left out for her as I teared open the dirty white envelope.

'To: Miss. Catherine Malfoy

          Bedroom

           Malfoy Manor

            Wiltshire, England

       Dear Miss. Malfoy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.