12:00:02

"12:00:02"

"12:00:02"

Gotta give a special thanks to my first ever reader! Thank you so much wheezely!

"Cathy?" My mother called from the bottom of the carpeted white steps. Even though this was just a side house my family owned, it could easily fit the Weasley family with no struggle.

I really do feel bad for the lot of them. Not just because they're bullied on an almost daily schedule by the Slytherins, but because of their family. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful family, but I just wish instead of me having to use this side house up because I don't want to get disowned, they can use it so their life is so much easier. I wouldn't mind sleeping on the streets if that was my reasoning.

"Yes, mother?" I called down the steps as I reached the railing above her.

"Did Claire come by and give you the letter?" She asked me.

"Yes," I lied, "I got it, can you tell Draco thank you?"

"Of course, well.. I should be off now before.." She trailed off and I nodded softly to her.

"Wait!" I hollered right before she was able to shut the door.

"Yes?"

"Can you sign my Hogsmeade permission slip? All the kids in Hogwarts will be going, and I really do-"

"Yes," She said over my rambling. Even if my mother was the only one kind enough to actually make contact with me and come over to check on me, we didn't talk that much. But she was with that with everyone. Growing up with two sisters and one who became a very loyal death eater can build brick walls up that never go down. Bellatrix was her name. My mother had another sister, but she rarely speaks of her.. Andromeda. I personally think it's a beautiful name. I don't know where either of them went, or if they even have children, but I know one turned out bad, and the other is still good. Still pure.

"Thank you!" I said, and I quickly rushed into my room to grab the paper.

Due to the fact I would hopefully never set foot in the Malfoy Manor again, my mother conjured up a spell to take every single thing, even the beautiful branch that was growing from my wall, and put it here. It's a very useful spell, really.

Claire hooted at me when she saw me looking for something. She flew down from her branch and perched herself on a board I had pinned up all my important things on. It had pictures of Draco and me, Draco and my mother, and just me. It had beautiful pictures of Hogwarts, Claire, and the meteor shower I had witnessed in first year. The shower that gave me hope that everything would be okay.

I unpinned the paper from the board, as it made a crinkling sound as I was having to put forth great effort to get unpinned due to the spell I used.

I ran down the steps once I got it unpinned and handed the creasing paper to my mother, and gave her my beautiful white quill that Claire had given me when her first feather came out.