4 | room raiders

8:34 pm, thursday, 2007

"that looks fuckin' gross." Kyle scowled, peering into the large pan set on the stove in the kitchen. inside looked like what was supposed to be Hamburger Helper, mushy- obviously over cooked, & the Hamburger meat was severely undercooked, still red, falling apart, with too much water above the pasta.

"did you make this with water?" Kyle asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he turned to Clyde, Jimmy & Tweek who stood awkwardly next to one another; having called Kyle into the kitchen for help, wondering why their cooking didn't look right.

"uh, yeah." Clyde ran his hand through his hair, & Kyle tilted his head at his answer.

"why the hell would you make Hamburger Helper without milk?" Kyle's tone was stern, laced with genuine confusion; considering the instructions were listed on the back of the box, he didn't understand how three young adult men could mess up so bad- Tweek's shoulders jolted at his tone, remaining silent.

Clyde laughed only slightly, his face contorting into an expression of confusion & slight disgust.

"who puts milk in Hamburger Helper?"

Kyle paused, his lips stressing into a thin line. he turned away from Clyde as his hand rose to his face; he pinched the bridge of his nose as he inhaled deeply, his eyes distorting into a tight squint as they shut closed in response to Clyde's utterance.
he exhaled slowly, focusing on keeping even-tempered. he then opened his eyes as he turned away; they bounced from the scene laid out over the counter, a mess.

a low grumble reverberated from his throat- keeping even tempered was much easier said than done for Kyle. he had always been short to anger, it was a notable trait he picked up from his firecracker of a mother, Sheila Broflovski. being such a hot head got him into plenty of trouble as a child, & even today he still often finds himself struggling to control it- especially now, when faced with three buzzed idiots in his kitchen, who managed to make such a large mess with what little came in a compact box of store bought pasta.

a packet of white powder was spilled across the counter, its contents stuck in the ridges of the ceramic tile. for whatever reason Kyle couldn't understand, there were three different utensils next to the stove, all used, inside the pan with the mushy Hamburger Helper were two larger grilling utensils, around the area was a plethora of beer bottles & snack wrappers & dirty dishes. the entire kitchen was in disarray, furthering his aggravation.

he turned back to the trio, "did you guys even read the instructions?"

Jimmy, Tweek & Clyde looked to one another, evidently unsure.