7 | shotgun

10:32 am, friday, 2007

the view of the Colorado mountainsides from the main roads were breathtaking & beautiful.
the highest points of the mountains were white with snowy ice tops, the steady definition of the rocky ridges casting far shadows beyond the warm, hazy late summer sun. the breeze was fresh & pure, & it weaved itself along the body of Bebe's car.

Y/n sat passenger with her knee brought up to her chest, her eyes closed as the wind washed along her face. it weaved itself throughout her hair, the collar of her zip up jacket fluttered against the winds, & for a moment, she felt like she was floating.
a feeling she hadn't really experienced since the juvenile days she spent dreaming about becoming an astronaut.

the familiar feeling brought about a sense of comfort. though, she could do without the splitting headache.

Y/n opened her eyes, her head dropping to her shoulder as a sudden bundle of tension gathered at the front of her temple. she's had a migraine since that morning; apparently stressing about your future can bring about more than teenage uncertainty.

turning to Bebe, Y/n suddenly noticed the darkly tinted pair of shades she'd adorned. they definitely matched her skimpy red two piece suit, wedged sandals & black cover up. looking into the rear view mirror, Y/n could also see Wendy who wore a frilly, purple one piece paired with tiny yellow shorts & purple cropped long sleeve. she was taking a polaroid with Heidi, who adorned a sage green tube top & a long, flowy mid calve skirt.

looking down at her own outfit, Y/n took a moment to wonder if her outfit was too winter-ish. despite the swim suit underneath, she questioned if maybe jeans & a jacket were playing it too close to vest. but she shrugged to herself as she reasoned that it wasn't the beach they were headed to, it was a rugged great outdoors. she'd thank herself later on for packing enough clothes for whatever situation may arise.

Y/n turned back to Bebe.

"hey, Bebe." she called, pulling her friend's attention away from the music. she stopped humming the lyrics to Full Moon by Brandy.

"huh?" her eyes didn't wane away from the road, trailing behind Kyle who rode behind Clyde. her curly blonde locks swayed against the wind; being a convertible owner entails you never drive with the hood down.

"you have any Tylenol or something?" Y/n's question was met with a shrug.

"or something." Bebe chuckled lightly, her eyes flashing to Y/n's face to see if she found her sarcastic, bad attempt at a joke funny.

she didn't.

with a light groan, Y/n slid down in her seat. with her bag at her feet & guitar between her legs, she found she didn't have much space to sulk into. though, it didn't stop her as she leaned her head against the door & rubbed her temple in hopes of soothing her tear-jerking migraine.