Chapter 5: The Return of the Past

In the Southern Isles

3rd person POV:

Hans was sitting in his cell, awaiting something from his brother. It's been almost a month since Odonis snuck onto Arendelle's ship, and now Hans has yet to receive word of his progress so far. Hans knew that all of his mail would either go to his father or brothers, but he had to try.

His head perked up as he heard someone open the dungeon door from afar. He looked to see his eldest brother, Adgarr, standing before him. They both made nothing but eye contact for a minute before Adgarr threw a letter at him.

It was addressed to him by someone anonymous. Hans smiled, knowing that it was Odonis. When Adgarr left, Hans tore the letter open and read the letter.

It said:

"Dear Hans,

I have finally given you information about what's happening in Arendelle. While it's taking quite a while, I can gladly say that I have a full alliance with all three sisters, though the youngest seems to be more problematic than her sisters.

Give me one more week and I'll have more than enough to help you take over.

With great regards, Prince Odonis."

When Hans was done reading the letter, he threw it in frustration.

"It took you almost a month?" he asked to himself. "Pathetic. It took me only three days and I could do better than you could."

After that, he took a moment to think to himself.

"Perhaps you aren't doing what I told you," he whispered. "Are you really trying to actually befriend those princesses?"

When he finally realized what was happening, anger started to flash in his eyes. He gave his brother one task and he couldn't complete that.

He then gasped as a brilliant idea appeared in his head.

"You know what they say," he started. "If you wanna do something, you're gonna have to do it yourself."

—-----------------------------------------

In Arendelle

Three hours earlier

3rd person POV:

When they all saw the letter, the gang started falling out laughing.

"You really sent that?" Anna said in between giggles.

Odonis nodded, also laughing. "It's not like he's gonna come to Arendelle anyway. He's too busy cleaning after my brothers while being covered in horse poop."

After he said that, everyone started back laughing.

"I'm gonna be honest here, Grass Lemon," Julie started. "That was pretty funny, but how is the letter is gonna be sent to Hans? I mean, he's in prison."

Odonis just shrugged. "I don't know really, the note is anonymous so they might think he was trying to escape to Arendelle or has someone spying for him, but no one knows that it's me."

Julie chuckled. "Well, I'm glad someone other than Elsa, Anna and I told him something funny."

Odonis laughed a bit before looking at Julie.

Julie noticed this and smiled. "What?"

Odonis smiled. "I don't know. I just like your eyes."

Julie blushed. After a week of them fighting, it was sweet of him to say that.

But then she shook her head. No. she thought. He has to earn me. He's not off the hook no matter how cute his smile is.

Julie took a breath before getting up.