Chapter 8: The Aftermath

3rd person POV:

Three weeks later:

In the Southern Isles:

Alistar starts pacing around the meeting room angrily. He had just found out that his two youngest sons were in Arendelle and the youngest has been there for over a month. He was awaiting something to tell him something about his sons.

His prayers were answered when one of the servants came into the room holding a letter.

"Your Majesty," he said. "I have a letter for you from the Queen of Arendelle."

Alistar took the note and ripped it open.

It said:

"Dear Alistar Westerguard,

You have probably figured out by now that two of your sons have illegally arrived in Arendelle, well, I have some news for you to hear. Your second youngest son, Prince Hans, has sadly passed away from an illness while inside one of the dungeons. My condolences go to you and your family. As for your youngest son, Prince Odonis, he has successfully started a relationship with my youngest sister, Princess Julia. They are in great care and they are very happy together.

I hope you will take this news to heart and I hope you have a very successful day.

Best regards, Queen Elsa"

To say King Alistar was shocked was an understatement, really. His sons, after hearing the news, were both shocked and happy about the outcome of their brothers. One of them even scheduled to have a party later on in the week.

Everything was just as in the Southern Isles.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------

In Arendelle:

"You did what?" Kai said when Julie finished telling him the story of what happened.

"Yeah, he's dead!" she said sheepishly.

"But at least he won't hurt anyone again," Odonis said as he brought Julie close to him. She smiled as she snuggled on his chest.

"Yeah," Kai smiled.

After their talk with Kai, Odonis and Julie sat on a bench under a pink trumpet tree.

"So," he asked. "When will you finally accept my date proposals?"

Julie chuckled. "When will you finally find a good time to ask me out?"

Odonis sighed annoyingly.

Julie giggled and reached to plant a kiss on his cheek.

"How about at midnight tonight?" she suggested. "I've always wanted to have someone to watch the sunrise with me."

Odonis smiled. "That sounds perfect. I'll make sure to have everything prepared by tonight...hopefully," he said.

Julie laughed at him as they both shared a kiss together.

"I love you, Grass Lemon," Julie said, laying her head on Odonis' shoulder.

Odonis sighed. "I love you too, Grapecake."

—------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Kingdom of Shadows:

???'s POV:

I took a deep breath, this was the only way I could make sure.

"Shadow!" I called out.

And then, just as I said his name, he appeared before me.

"Julie, I told you that I don't want to hear your-" Shadow stopped once he noticed me.

"It's you?" he whispered, amazed. I nodded, smiling. "You called me?"

I nodded again. "It's really me, Shadow. How are they?"

Shadow smiled. "They are perfectly fine, Princess."

I took a breath of relief as I smiled again.

"And how is she?" I asked.

Shadow smiled once again.

"She is getting closer to the truth that we initially thought, that's good," he replied, which made me smile again.

"She will finally be here with me again! Hopefully, if she agrees to stay," I said.

Shadow reassured me. "Everything is going accordingly, she'll want to meet you, I'm sure."

I nodded, but I still wasn't too sure about it.

Shadow noticed my face. "Do you want me to send it out?"

I looked at him. I thought about it for a while. Sending it out would be very risky, but honestly, it was a risk I was willing to take.

"Do it."