Chapter 7: Newfound Strength

Odonis' POV:

She kissed me...she actually kissed me. Outside of the fight that was happening, that was the only thing I was worried about at the moment.

Thinking about the kiss made me redder and redder. I know I like her, but I wanted to make the first move, not her.

Anna saw me and giggled. "Look, Kristoff. Looks like you're the only one who didn't make the first move, huh?"

Anna laughed as Kristoff started getting flustered.

I cleared my throat. "Well, at least that part is out of the way, huh?"

Anna nodded, smiling brightly.

I took a deep breath as I looked out the shield. It looked like Julie and Elsa had Hans pinned to the ground, and it looked like Hans was taunting them.

I wanted to get out there and stop his taunting, but I knew that I would get killed if I even tried.

I then heard Anna gasp. "What is that?"

Kristoff and I looked up to see Hans' staff lifted in the air, pointed end first. It looked like it was going to impale Julie.

"No.." I muttered. I then looked at Kristoff. "Do you have a pickaxe?"

Kristoff nodded and handed me his pickaxe.

"What are you doing?" Anna asked.

I didn't answer her and started using the axe to make a big hole in the shield, big enough to go through. Then, when I got out of the shield, I ran towards Julie.

"Julie!" I yelled, trying to get her attention.

Julie turned around just as I grabbed her and shielded her from the staff.

But just as I got down, the staff impaled me in the chest.

"Got ya," I heard Hans say.

"Odonis?" Julie muttered as I dropped to the ground next to her.

"Odonis!" she screamed. Carefully taking the staff out of my back and turning me around.

"No no no no no no no no," she whispered. "Why would you?"

"It was either you or me. Put family first, right?" I coughed up some blood as I spoke.

"no...N-no! Here, let me heal you."

She tried to use her magic to heal me, but I stopped her.

She looked at me surprised. "W-what are you doing? Odonis, please let me save you."

I shook my head. "Use it on someone who deserves it, Julie."

Her face was red from crying. She shook her head. "You deserve it, Odonis! I can't just let you die like this! Not after everything that happened."

I smiled, lifting my head up to caress her face. She put her hand on mine and snuggled against my hand.

"It's okay," I reassured her. "I'm okay."

My vision started to get blurry and my eyes started to get heavy. The pain was getting worse.

Julie saw this and shook me.

"No no, please! Stay awake, please! I can't lose you!" she yelled.

I coughed. "I love you, Julie."

After I said that my eyesight blackened and I passed out.

But not before hearing a faint i love you too

—-----------------------------------------------------------