Chapter 3: Charades

Odonis's POV:

After the interaction Julia and I had yesterday, I thought that we would be on good terms.

Oh how wrong I was.

Julia was ignoring me all day like the moment we had yesterday didn't happen at all. I tried to get her attention on more than one occasion.

She ignored me during breakfast.

She ignored me every time I tried to ask her a simple question.

She ignored me everywhere.

I was walking around the kingdom when I spotted Anna talking to what looked like the talking snowman I saw yesterday.

I walked towards them and waved.

"Hi, Princess Anna," I said.

Ann smiled and waved back. "Hey Arren!" she said. "Are you having a good first week here? I hope we're not being too welcoming and making you uncomfortable."

I smiled. "Oh, that's not the case at all, Princess Anna. I was just wondering if I could ask you a question?"

Anna was confused but nodded.

"Of course you can!" she said. "And you can just call me Anna if you want, I don't mind."

I nodded before asking the question.

"Um, Anna?" I asked. "Do you know why your sister is just ignoring me? I thought we were on good terms after what happened yesterday?"

Anna frowned.

"I don't know why Julie's ignoring you," she said. "It must be something that happened 'cause she doesn't just stop talking to people out of nowhere."

I nodded while looking down.

What did I do to make her like this?

"Ha-um...my father who came here a few years ago, told me that Elsa wasn't the only sister with magic?" I said. "Is that true?"

Anna was hesitant for a moment, looking back and forth before whispering in my ear.

"Are you sure I can trust you with this secret?" she asked.

I nodded.

She took a deep breath.

"Julie has dark magic," she stated. "She's actually our adopted sister that one of our servants found in the river one night as a 3-month-old baby. Her powers are pretty powerful, but she doesn't really use them that much cause she doesn't want them going out of control."

I nodded, mentally writing down every word.

"She doesn't tell anyone outside our family this because she doesn't want to endanger anyone else," Anna explained.

I was frowning on the outside, but secretly grinning evilly on the inside. I had all I needed to bring her down first.

"Thanks for the information, Anna," I said. "Do you know where Julia is?"

Anna nodded and pointed towards the horse stables.

"She's with her assistant, Shadow in the stables," she said.

I thanked her and went to look for her, smiling as bright as ever.

When I went to the stables, I saw Julia beside the stables, she was talking to a tall, black man, probably Shadow.

I hid behind the stable house to listen to them.

"How long are you going to ignore him?" Shadow asked.